Official Discussion: August 26th, 2021 Development Update

Every version of Flight Simulator was an iteration on the previous version. And Asobo stated they used the FSX code in combination with their own graphics engine, so it’s quite likely there is still a snippet of code in there from 1982 (40 years old).

1 Like

Any direct updates or from the team on other bugs introduced in SU5 (e.g. broken controller UI menus, inoperable trim, settings being reset, photogrammetry, loss of achievements / bush trip history, etc.) would be appreciated - that would go a long way in bringing back some goodwill and would shut down the speculation.

1 Like

I fear this next update. We are into this journey almost a year now and the “sim” is not even where it should have been upon initial release. By looking at the roadmap and what ASOBO / MS is concentrating on, I fear the new CTD’s, breaking of other parts and more chasing of ones tail will seal MSFS into the realm of MS FLIGHT!
Does ASOBO understand that they stand upon the brink of massive failure? How long can they expect to kick the can down the road? I had great hope for this sim. Right now, it needs to be a SIM and not a video game. We shall see!

1 Like

My hope is that they can focus on improvements now that they have Xbox up and running. Unfortunately, I’m not expecting much until we’re well into year 2-3. By then, X-plane’s new sim will be out, and that will most-definitely create some competition, at least some…so that may also light a fire under Asobo’s respective you know whats.

2 Likes

Not sure I agree with this thought process… more like the contrary. And BTW, it is both a sim and a video game.

2 Likes

To be a year into this and still not be able to fly without constant CTD’s shows there is a problem somewhere. I am not a developer, I am they guy who spent $$$ on something that was promised. Right now, I hold out little hope. We will see here in Sept. how this once again plays out.

1 Like

I think the problem is in a shallow beta testing pool and some really bad quality control. Fix both of those things and chances are that we won’t experience many problems…

1 Like

I think the folks who signed up to beta test this just did so to get their hands on the sim early. Or some signed up not knowing what a job it was. We are all paying a price for that failure.

1 Like

As one of the people that was in the Beta, I can tell you that you have NO idea what you are talking about.

7 Likes

I’ll agree with Jeremy on that one. Made up comments and speculation like yours is what aggravates simmers more than anything because other newcomers start to believe this nonsense

3 Likes

You have no clue what you’re talking about man. None.

1 Like

As BETA testers we are precluded from describing anything about the process, results and implementations of this game.

Suffice to say, you are so far out of left field, you may as well be on the other side of the milky Way!

1 Like

A Valid point …

Why are beta Testers under a NDA ? What constructive purpose does a NDA serve, apart from hiding “the dirty undewear”, and making it difficult to get any input from the the community, before it is too late, and the Update is forced on everyone.

While there are argument for a NDA before the Product Release, (for many reasons), really what purpose does an NDA serve when on Beta testers, apart from concealing from the rest of the Community.

Please remove the NDA from Community Beta Testers

2 Likes

NDA’s are quite common and absolutely normal (in all kind of circumstances). Not only applicable to bugs, but also new features which are communicated or not of which you do not want to become public yet.

1 Like

Agreed – and always value your input, as I always make a point to watch with interest what you post, and respect your opinions.

But the way I see it —This is only a Game, and in a state where it needs all the help it can get, and a massive recovery from a PR Nightmare.

Grated, what I think or see is totally irrelevant , so I am just making a suggestion.

1 Like

Cheers, thanks!

Yes, it’s only a game (oh god, please nobody start that discussion now as it’s not in context). But, your view is absolutely relevant. Because it can help out in thinking in a broader context, or help out in finding facts (it’s just what you do with it and have healthy agreements or disagreements)

But OT:
It’s a competition race (it doesn’t matter if a product is behind or ahead of another product or not). And like in all competition races you don’t want to give your opponent any benefits in any way. This covers PR, tech, procedures, features. What we percieve as “just a game”, because we are a consumer, is someone else’s business/income. And it’s healthy to protect that, although the way it is protected is possibly in how we perceive that, unhealthy or unethical in any possible perspective.

Also in what we perceive in helping, especially the users with the best intentions, could in fact unintentionally be hurting more. It’s a what, how and when.

Ok, I’m not defending NDA’s in general (I also don’t know how this current NDA is setup, or what it beholds), but i can definitely understand them, and when needed, defend them.

Cheers! (i hope i’m simplistic enhough)

So… ones view is relevant if it jives with another’s opinion? If there was NOT a failure in the beta testing operation or a failure somewhere within Asobo, then please enlighten me as to the cause of this year long farce!
As I stated “I am not a developer” but I am a consumer who was fed a load of hype and am now out tons of money. Yes I will stick with it as I always have but to brush this whole thing off as business as usual is even further out there.

Everyone’s view is relevant, why souldn’t it?

A failing outcome is not necessarily because of failure.

Did someone make you do this, or was it a choice you made?

I don’t know, i don’t work there, or have been part of anything else. But if under NDA, i woulnd’t have told you. Under my perception, it’s no farce. So, state opinion and views. Maybe i will learn something.

I only discussed the NDA part which is only a small part and on why NDA’s exist.

Would be nice if they could sort the relatively basic generic bugs out quickly.

For example LOWI airport handcrafted, looks good but A320NEO has to use reverse thrust for pushback as no tugs are available. The reason, because the largest gate is RAMP GA MEDIUM. Yet in real life B738, A320 and E195 there all the time GATE MEDIUM needed!

Not just there but many airports. Admittedly even RAMP GA LARGE works OK as you still GET all or most of the ground services. But surely all airports with 1500m+ of runway could have at least 1 RAMP GA LARGE or GATE MEDIUM

2 Likes

no dev update today?