Official Discussion: December 2nd, 2021 Development Update

I’ll bite - what is currently stopping you flying the A320?

If the temperature is +240 or something above FL240… Well… Of course I could stay below that but that is just pathetic and sad.

1 Like

It may be “pathetic and sad” not to be hyperbolic about it, but there is an easy work around that fixes this - which si to turn off live weather above that altitude and turn it back on when you descend. Appreciate not ideal, but will get you flying again.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I´m saying that this is pathetic and sad because we are paying customers, not beta testers. And this is the second time this ridiculous bug has happened. Not a solid impression about quality for sure.

1 Like

i hope the shimmering issue will also be fixed and the autogen buildings draw distance as well

2 Likes

But that will not work on Vatsim because pressure and density altitude will not match. And so won’t wind making all fuel calculations meaningless.
This last part about fuel is also valid if not flying on VATSIM.

Oh, and before we get the argument that this only affects a small fraction of players because not many use VATSIM - true. However, we have also paid for the product to use as we please and VATSIM was a first day partner introduced in one of the feature discovery videos even before release.

7 Likes

Problem is the weather was working good enough and far better than now during update 6. So I honestly see no reason to revert the weather back to update 6 and put update 7 weather on the public beta branch (if it’s technically feasible).
Why have a for many “broken” (with that I mean more broken than update 6) feature on the main branch and have a “to be tested” (at this time seamingly more “fixed” ) version of the same feature on the public beta branch?

Are there any plans to stop VR controllers from being detected as a new device when turned on in game. This is new to SU7 and very disruptive. I need to interact with Steam VR without this destroying the experience.

1 Like

Ok, but the poster said he was unable to fly at all

At least they are fixing something now but still…

They have to do the public testing with sim updates, fix issues and then after the issues are fixed you release.

Then if you still find issues, patch the individual issues asap. Individual fixes have little chance they mess up the rest of the sim so they don’t need a test. Do the testing before you release a big update.
This way you never release messy sim updates and IF there are issues you patch them asap to keep your customers happy. Almost every software company does it this way.

Bug fixing needs to happen constantly, it’s a complete seperate process from the main development.

3 Likes

[quote="[BLOG] December 2nd, 2021 Development Update, post:1, topic:478125"]
If you have MSFS installed completely on a custom path, you will have a much lower chance that a full re-install will be necessary when the update is officially released. However, if your sim content is installed on the default C: drive, you may have to reinstall the whole sim when moving from the test build to the public build. We recommend that those who wish to test with us reinstall your sim content to a custom path before joining the flight to avoid full reinstallations in the future. The best set up would be for your store app to live on the default C: drive and sim content on a custom drive.
[/quote]

In advance of the beta could anyone please explain the best way to move msfs from the default location, without having to redownload stuff?

1 Like

Can we bring back the Xbox controller rumble feedback? The game just feels so silent without it. This has been broken for a long time now. Hopefully this is included with this update.

1 Like

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-change-the-installation-path-of-installed-packages-inc-community-folder/471682

1 Like

I hope the developers will not forget about the fix

[BUG LOGGED] Color artifacts and rough gradient, clouds like oil painting - #471 by dlebedev? u=dlebedev

2 Likes

I’m really happy to see the fixes already listed, but I really hope they resolve the temperature issue. It’s striking as low as 25,000 feet now, so you can’t avoid it flying airliners or private jets.

Hi,
I’m on Xbox, what is the «Xbox Insider app » to clic on « join »?
Thanks

Yep, this is really an annoyance like so many of the wide spread of bugs and issues the sim is currently experiencing–but no one comments that it is even recognized by the dev.

1 Like

you can download the app in the appstore on xbox

2 Likes

Thank you!

Dev update and no mention of latest weather bug - what does it take for Asobo/MS/Jayne to at least acknowledge whats happening?