Official Discussion: December 2nd, 2021 Development Update

I must say this dev update is the most informative dev-update! Thank you so much! And very nice to see a public beta. I have prepared and set my sim to a custom folder. Make sure to make a new folder outside of wpsystem folder. I have my installation folder set like this. D:\flightsim

2 Likes

If you bother to read the blog post, itā€™s been delayed, and will be added asap.

Can I please get an update on the My Way Achievement bug? Itā€™s pretty well documented.

Has it been looked at? Is it too far down the priority list? Is there some kind of unexpectedly complex technical issue? Is there no plan to address it?

Iā€™ll take literally any answer at this point.

They are probably looking at bugs that either break the game, break things for a third party, or are seriously disruptive for this release. They want to have fixes in before they are off for the holidays, so Iā€™m sure they arenā€™t looking at the lower priority bugs right now. But if it is on the list, they probably will get to it fOr the feb release

1 Like

Might be worth pointing out that most of the bugs on this list were known to the Dev team before they released SU7, they were included in the ā€œknown issuesā€ part of the release notes.
But despite pre-release testing having found them they pushed that update anyway.

If the testing process doesnā€™t actually result in fixes being implemented before an update is pushed why bother testing this ā€œasap Hotfixā€ with a public beta at all? Why not just push it live right now in whatever state itā€™s currently in?

1 Like

That one is listed in the update explicitly

Why am I concerned that the word MOUSE does not appear in the section devoted to the MOUSE in VR Bug:

1. Toolbar Broken in VR - While using a VR headset and controllers, you are unable to select any of the options in the toolbar menu, or they appear to do nothing.
  • The team has confirmed and identified the issue. A fix is in place for an upcoming release.

I do hope that when the patch notes are released soon the word MOUSE appears next to this one, it was the point of that Bug Thread in the first placeā€¦

6 Likes

Also I hope that lessons have been learnt, cancelling the Flight Beta Test for SU7 was a massive mistake.

The sooner you devise an Opt-In Beta Test without the pointless pointless NDA and release updates that donā€™t break previously working features the better.
Itā€™s been well over a year since release, please improve the Quality Control.

9 Likes

I would love a color banding fix. Iā€™m using deband for reshade but it only does so much.

3 Likes

This will most certainly be beyond the scope of that upcoming fix and Iā€™d check if Reshade isnā€™t causing the color banding after that was one of the things that were actually fixed in SU7. This might involve making sure you really revert to the state before Reshade changed your shaders.

Yeah I already checked my manā€¦are you showing any color banding? Maybe itā€™s my monitor :thinking:but Iā€™m not sure at this point

Why donā€™t you show a screenshot so we know what you mean.

Hm yeah itā€™s too bad that we canā€™t roll back and forth between versions to verify stuff like this. Also, a screenshot in a separate troubleshooting thread may be helpful indeed.

Iā€™m using VR only and never checked the 2D for color banding (or anything else) but it definitely improved in SU7, sky color gradients, halos etc. look much better.

Are you going to take part in the beta?

No, Iā€™m on Steam.

1 Like

It has taken a while but finally the message has got through for public beta testing as this allows people that want to be on the bleeding edge to develop the software and the rest of us just to use the official released version . This whole secret beta and NDA process has resulted in the less than ideal SU7. This is the best news ever released,ā€¦

1 Like

Great update regarding the raised issues and very good to hear about optional public testing , thank you. Looking forward to finding out what the vr improvements are !

Thatā€™s a shame

I just wish we could set weather back to update 6 and keep what they intended for update 7 on the public beta branch

So no flying with the A320 until some time in next week?? This is totally unaccepted. How this kind of things can happen? And twice!?! I love flying this sim and there is no rival to it. Do I have to say unfortunately??

1 Like