Official Discussion: December 9th, 2021 Development Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Here is also an update on PMDG’s DC-6 for Xbox: PMDG DC-6 Update

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

Surprised there was no mention of a date for when the SU7 hotfix will launch to everyone?

8 Likes

What about the PMDG 737, will Asobo/Microsoft resolve the issues so this can come to the sim sooner rather than later (or not at all!)

2 Likes

I notice that there has not been a roadmap in the Development Update for a few weeks, is that normal?

4 Likes

It’s still in testing. I would hope they wouldn’t specify a date for release before it’s ready.

5 Likes

The link to the PMDG update contains information related to possible refunds for purchases. In the case where one would rather not seek a refund and just wait out the correction/fix, will the plane automatically “come alive” in a few months if/when a fix is provided as previously stated in other updates?

The release date is still TBD and will depend on the feedback we receive from players participating in the on-going pre-release test.

4 Likes

Got it, that makes sense. Thanks!

1 Like

So I guess it’s fair to assume based on the DC-6 news pretty much all 3rd party aircraft for Xbox are on hold for at least a few months? I mean I can’t imagine any devs wanting to release to Xbox at this point. So maybe we’ll start seeing new planes in Q2’22? Just so disappointing but it makes not spending anymore money on this sim a no brainer…

3 Likes

I cant see the new marketplace Update. :thinking:

I can’t see the Chase / Tower view
I thought it was planned for 2022

1 Like

After all, we wouldn’t them to introduce any bugs into the program. :wink:

it’s got a longgggggg way to go – fps dropping over the course of the flight still in Beta

1 Like

Installed this yesterday. Loading time are into 7 minutes to get to main menu. Tried 3 times with the a342nx FBW - 1 hour wasted. I now there is an update for that one. Tried 3 times with other planes. First attempt was insta- blue screen when appearing in the ariport. Next two attempts resulted in blue screens about 20 minutes after taking off.
I had just reinstalled MSFS the day before I upgraded through the insider programme. I have also recently completed stability tests for both memory (karhu 2000%) and CPU (cinebench R20 X 10 consecutive runs).
5950 CPU
3090 GPU
DX11 on windows 10.

I really hope more work is done on this version before release.

EDIT: having gone back to 1.21.13, with a clean install, I blue screened yet again. I think this is more a problem with bad drivers than an issue with the changes made in MSFS on this version.

I hope Antonov AN-2 will be released this year after DC-6 pullout from marketplace.

1 Like

It will definitely be interesting to see what if anything aircraft wise comes to Xbox prior to this platform/testing environment fix. I think it may be a long winter.

1 Like

I will be looking forward to the fix for coastlines/ water levels in game.

Again nothing mentioned about fixing the Bush Trips…

Not been on here for a while, do they no longer provide a development roadmap for the next few months? Think the last one I saw ended in Nov or Dec?