Famous Flyer III: Beechcraft Bonanza V35

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback about the Beechcraft Bonanza V35, available now from the in-sim Marketplace for USD $14.99. You can read more about this classic plane here.

If you have any bugs related to this plane to report, please create a new thread in the Bugs & Issues section of the forum.

21 Likes

why not a Turbo Bonanza?

seems like a nice model, but I’m not sure I’ll spend 20$CAD for basicaly the same plane that we already have
(havent seen the cockpit yet mind you)

2 Likes

A steam gauge Bonnie, that’s awfully tempting to brave the marketplace for.

3 Likes

The Bonanza V35 is not basically the same plane as the Bonanza G36 that currently exists in Microsoft Flight Simulator. In addition to its distinctive v-tail empennage, the V35 also has a conventional steam gauge cockpit compared to the modern glass avionics in the G36.

27 Likes

Not a bad officering at all.

2 Likes

But it’s the same as the BRSim Designs one, already available since last year?

2 Likes

This is from Carenado

1 Like

Yes, but same model aircraft I meant?

Glad to see another version. BRSimDesign’s version just didn’t do it for me.

The H35 is older - this is the V35.

2 Likes

Well I love it and I’m getting it - downloading now! These releases so far have been decent quality, at a price you can’t really argue with, and I’ve been having great fun with them!

Edit: have to add, it would be nice if they could release those downloadable PDF manuals alongside with those releases … I’m still waiting for the Beech 18 one :wink:

10 Likes

Ah OK thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not worth it. 4 CTD so far in this.

5 Likes

A “solid” choice of an addon aircraft. A well-established manufacturer in the sim, and a well-established third party creator (who, I believe, has already released this very aircraft for other sims).
At first I thought it may be lost between the Staggerwing and the modern - FREE - Bonanza (which has a longer fuselage, something not mentioned in the posts above!). However, it is right up my alley as a fast, classic aircraft. And it may be interesting to have to “solutions” to the same “problem” in my virtual hangar, a 1930s one (Staggerwing) and a 1950s one (this). All in all, I am tempted to buy it, but have two questions:

- has it got an autopilot?
- are the files encrypted?

Thank you!

Best,
Underbird

2 Likes
  • has it got an autopilot? - yes
  • are the files encrypted? - of course they are
2 Likes

Thank you!
It having an autopilot is great news, as it makes the plane more useable for my kind of “relaxed simming”.
As for the encrypted files, I hoped this may have changed along with the Premium and Deluxe aircraft. What a pity!

1 Like

What a great surprise! Would rather it was the original 1947 model 35 tbh, but I’ll take it.

1 Like

Oh sweet! I get to be Bayflight now and fly 21Charlie!!

This has been one of my most wanted planes for many months now. How exciting.

2 Likes

I have the BRSimDesigns V-tail Bonanza and it’s been great fun to fly, although imperfect and a bit buggy. I’m going to let this one slide for a while and see what reviews are like for it before making the leap. But I’ll seriously consider it.

2 Likes