Official Discussion: Game of the Year Edition

Read the article here: Coming Soon: Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition - Microsoft Flight Simulator

If you have any questions about the upcoming Game of the Year Edition, please ask here and we will answer some questions during tomorrow’s Dev Q&A stream.

39 Likes

While the release Note does not specifically say so, can we assume that the GOTY Edition is a Free Update for existing MSFS owners ? (Like World Updates)

ie It is really an “Update”, as opposed to a “Different Product Edition” like Premium or Deluxe.

1 Like

In the article: “Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition will be available as a free update for existing players on PC and Xbox Series X|S

29 Likes

Hello there Jayne, first of all thank you for all your hard work and all you do for the msfs community. I just wanted to ask does this mean that new buyers will have to pay for the new edition and existing players get it for free? I’m a little confused on how the post ended.

1 Like

DX12 and a replay system? Oh man I feel tingly

11 Likes

I had another question as well regarding windows 11 does this mean this edition of the sim will be much more optimized for windows 11?

1 Like

“Coming soon” is delightfully vague. Can we assume this will slot into one of the announced windows for an update, like SU7 maybe?

The Game of the Year Edition will be released November 18th.

27 Likes

This all looks very sweet ! Gonna be a very nice Christmas present for us all!

2 Likes

OMG this is going to be awesome! Birthday, Christmas and New year at the same time! :partying_face::heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Bruh learn to read the date is right there in bold.

5 Likes

Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet - YES !
While I love military as well as historic aircraft, neither the Ju 52 nor the Reno racers are quite “me”, a Super Hornet could add another level of gameplay to the game.
One request: will the Super Hornet feature external fuel tanks? It would greatly increase its range, and therefore its usability within the sim.
Thanks!

9 Likes

Still not 100% clear …

So “Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition” replaces “MSFS Standard Edition” ?

Will MSFS Premium, and MSFS Deluxe contain the content of “Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition”, or will they remain the same, and have the “GOTY” content as a Free Update ?

5 Likes

If LSZA, LSZH and EDJA are the airports that GAYA was teasing since months, we are in for a treat :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Bruh no it’s not, which is why I asked. The date at the top is today’s and the only reference to November 18 is in the body of the release referring to Win11 stuff.

But Jane answered so it’s fine.

2 Likes

Game of the Year Edition replaces the Standard edition moving forward. Deluxe and Premium Deluxe users of course get everything that comes with the GOTY Edition as well.

19 Likes

I love the addition of the F/A18 Super Hornet!

13 Likes

Will the new GOTY/SU7 planes include be easily mod able my the community or will they be DRM restricted?

1 Like

Not sure about that, I’ll see if we can get that answered in the dev Q&A tomorrow.

2 Likes