Official Discussion: Game of the Year Edition

I know that METAR is old data. It was not that i wanted to show. I wanted to show the variation between the reported wind and gust value. In live weather it was fluctuating up&down approx 2kts up and down and in unreal weather it fluctuated between the reported wind and gust value. The accurate about it is that the wind is fluctuating as it should between those reported values because wind is never constant and is measured avarage windspeed over time i think it is in a 10-min interval. Not how accurate the wind is there right at the moment.

And as you say the wind could be lower at groundlevel depending on how much buildings and such things it’s around the gusts should be more noticable there because of the frictions and the wind should fluctuate more there.

If meteoblue injects the wind it should fluctuate between those values on groundlevel in my opinion. Then we can predict how the winds is even if we not using METAR

or like those in a calmer place

Then we get some variations in windspeed everywhere.

The variation in windspeed should decrease the higher above ground we are though.

I made a comparison between metar and meteoblue at the bug thread about gusts here and i think the METAR and meteoblue is almost identical because we need to know that the gusts mostly not are reported if they are below 10kts difference from the measured avarage windspeed. But the windspeed does not stop fluctuating because the gusts not are reported. It always fluctuate more or less.