Official Discussion: Game of the Year Edition

Will you add the new passenger terminal at KDBQ it opened in 2015 but not in the sim there’s a new flight school building at the same airport that opened last year with a new parking area as well

Do you know if u will add radar to the super hornet

think you will have to wait for the microsoft combat 2022 to come out to get working radar

hi jane will white dot for PC users will be remove? because i use PS4 controller there is the white dot appear in cockpit

NOTE: I do not know what levels of game will garner this free upgrade on 11-18-2021 (unless delayed) but the “Game of the Year” upgrade is going to be distributed. It’s supposed to have an excellent F-18 plane in it, as well as many of the ones for the Reno Air Races. There are several videos on YT explaing this much better. Assuming, that many little nav bugs will be fixed so other planes will improve as well. The information presented was garnered from one of those videos, yes rumored, but check out those.

1 Like

Rather than rumored things, you might check out the latest MS/Asobo twitch broadcast where they specifically discussed these things. The GOTY update is free for ALL current owners of any version of MSFS. However, the GOTY will not automatically include planes from the Reno air race DLC (which has various prices, depending on what you buy). But according to Jorg, et al, any of the planes you buy from the Reno addition, will be available for use in the “regular” flight sim. They didn’t demo the F-18 very extensively, so there’s still a lot of questions as to what it will include (radar, radar modes, etc). But a lot of us are looking forward to seeing it in the sim!
Regards
P.S. here’s some additional info

2 Likes

First appreciate your informaton. I do not do Twitch, just too much work. I watched Video on YT about this, awaiting the F-18, not sure about the rest of the stuff. My hope is, along with this nice christmas present from Asobo/MS, the game will get some fixes as well. Again, thank you for the information. I watched parts of the YT session, very nice of them to give us all this stuff for free, and hats off to MS/Asobo for this nice gift.
Countdown to 11-18-2021, 17 days left. Got to remember to clear community folder it’s starting to get croweded.

1 Like

You think they will have radar on it or not

I just want say that the name is correct and it is well done with a hard work to go for excelent game.
I am very happy with the improvements month after month!
Well done team MFS!

1 Like

I do not think there will be functional radar. But instead of guessing and hyping lets just wait and see when it is out.

1 Like

Keep our fingers crossed that with this release Bush Trips will be repaired…

Why implement it if it has no function? What are we testing in dx12 without function?`Is it that the code should work in both versions first and then they completly change the code to have dx12 features? Good that we can choose to have it on and off though :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ll be testing stability more than anything. There will most definitely be a lot of background code changes to work with the native DX12 API. We’re going to be debugging that. There just won’t likely be much, if anything, that uses the new functionality or features of DX12 in this initial release.

2 Likes

Those code changes are reverted back then when we choose dx11 or will those code changes apply to dx11 too?

It will be DX12 if you choose that option, and DX11 as it is now if you don’t opt in. DX12 won’t be on by default.

1 Like

Thank you! We can still hope that it makes more use of our cores?

At which time (GMT) will the GOTY edition be available for download?
And will there will be a rolling release starting with Kiribati, as with the base game last year?
Thanks.

3 Likes

If there’s any improvement, it will be bonus. I honestly don’t expect to see any difference. And the fact the devs have been saying that on repeat for months now leads me to believe this is the case. There are a lot of folks with some really high and unrealistic expectations who are going to be horribly angry and disappointed when all they see no improvement and potentially less stability.

2 Likes

Yes, i do not have that high expectations either. Only that it would be good to see some improvements. If it’s not i will run on it and if i run on any issues i will report them and then swtich to the dx11 again. I’m totally fine with the performance as it is already. Only the real CPU load on ground that makes it hard to have terrain LOD any higher than 150 from me.

1 Like

Thank you! I know that now :slight_smile: I’m going in DX12 with zero expectations and then if it’s better it’s only a bonus :slight_smile: If it’s worse i will change to dx11 again and report the issues.

1 Like