Official Discussion: Gamescom Announcements

From the Polygon article: “Neumann said that the new race mode required Asobo Studio to completely refactor how multiplayer works in the game. The stand-alone game mode is capable of more precisely calculating and sharing a player’s position relative to each other. It’s an improvement that will pay dividends for players as well as developers.”

16 Likes

No expected price for the Volocopter yet?

Nothing to share on the price point yet for the Volocopter.

Personally, with the Reno Air Race expansion coming, I’m more interested in what aircraft will be included and less so about racing - and I’m usually a fan of racing.

5 Likes

14,99$ the Junkers… but he will definitely be in my garage :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

FSX for all intensive purposes was a ‘sim’ but had a wealth of great mission content.

You can have both.

2 Likes

All of these look awesome look forward to it !

I saw Mustang, Bearcat and Albatros in the video

1 Like

Intriguing, this volocopter. It does require a helicopter-like flight model… Wonder what happens on a “fuel” (or battery) shortage ? this thing looks like a drone… what if all these batteries are used up, it has no gliding capability whatsoever, it will drop right down from the sky ! :cat:

1 Like

My guess is that with much less parts to fail and with proper battery monitoring and redundant circuits, you should be much safer in there than in other aircraft.

1 Like

If they are looking at adding something like the Volocopter to the sim, I wonder if they will begin to simulate something like city air taxi and drone delivery traffic in addition to the current Live traffic… Could provide for an interesting challenge as the airspace becomes more crowded.

1 Like

So we’ll get 2 DLC this fall?

Reno + Top gun?

The team tasked with creating content like aircraft, etc. is different from the team that is working on the code for other things. Creating some new planes is not going to alter how long it takes to fix bugs and other issues.

9 Likes

The Polygon article says it´s gonna be free.
Microsoft Flight Simulator will release historic aircraft for free - Polygon

2 Likes

Just bought the DC-6. Loving to see that the JU-52 will hit the floor.

2 Likes

Loving the Junkers…. Loving the air racing…. A little bit of everything for everyone. Whether it’s historical, modern, competitive, Simming, gaming… everyone can get their fill!

7 Likes

It better be good… some automatic emergency landing ? aircraft takes over ? They can do cruise control in cars, maybe some autopilot safety override would be possible in a thing like volocopter… modern drones have very accurate return procedures already. You can initiate a return procedure and there she comes back and lands… Phantom 4 can do it.

1 Like

If the Top Gun DLC can bring us supersonic flight model and functional HUD, the volocopter DLC can bring us helicopters flight model, the reno race can improve aerobatic flight model and enhance multi player function, this could be of great benefit for the sim in general.

14 Likes

And Asobo said 14,99$ :-p

Microsoft Flight Simulator Celebrates Gamescom with Major Updates - Microsoft Flight Simulator

2 Likes

Will expansion packs be the main focus going forward?