Official Discussion: Gamescom Announcements

Jorg, “We’re working with 40 museums around the world.”

This is unbelievably awesome. SCAN ALL THE PLANES! Send me a scanner, I’ll help. No plane left unscanned! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I wonder. Will I be able to play in a local multiplayer please? Ie 2 players, 2 controllers with a split screen. If it is not planned, I would like to suggest it.

1 Like

I was waiting for the development team to announce the start of helicopter development. Not happened. Volocopter is a joke … It has nothing to do with the helicopter … The flight dynamics and physics of a volocopter are not like a helicopter … Volocopter is a drone …

The development team is bringing time again … Helicopters are out of sight …

Ups :man_facepalming:

Nevertheless, I love the idea of having classic planes, even if we have to pay them.

1 Like

Emergency parachute too? Doesn’t look like the heaviest thing

Helicopters are marked as “Planned in 2022” in our roadmap.

And you are correct, the Volocopter is very different from a helicopter, and works more like a drone in flight model.

9 Likes

This is not the case for most

1 Like

I can imagine with an Xbox controller, that Volocopter will be pretty much identical to flying a normal drone vs an aircraft.

4 Likes

I never got the hang of the racing in FSX. Try as I might to understand the tutorials and how to operate the plane properly I never did.
Hopefully there will be some great tutorials and YouTubers who can train this monkey.
–Best

I am very excited about the Junkers, somewhat intrigued by the Volocopter, and have absolutely zero interest in Reno Air Races. But that’s me. :wink: What I am mostly interested in is the sim being stable and free of some major issues it currently has.

7 Likes

Tried to do the Red Bull air races back then, but fps were so bad that it was way too difficult and i quit trying

1 Like

Because we have so much excess FPS, right?

3 Likes

Yeah, because FSX didn’t have the reno air race, right? :wink: Can we quit the endless negativity and show some darn GRATITUDE for getting an airrace expansion, a new mini taxi-chopper, a JU-52 for 15 DOLLARS (!) and a FREE multi-country world update with 100 poi’s and new photogrammetry cities? This ADDS to the sim, it doesn’t take away. Personally I’m extremely excited and pumped for this new update/updates. Thank you, Ms/Asobo and thanks to the forum Team for a very detailed communication. I am particularly impressed that the “reassurance” topic will be addressed in the next Q&A!

Ps: I appreciate the addition of the airbus documentary. Please more of such things in the future. Exciting times ahead!

24 Likes

Not sure about my feelings… Junkers is great for sure, but it seems to be more focused on a planes game right now instead of a sim, or at least the way is announced looks like that.

I hope the basics get some attention too.

7 Likes

Ok how much will all these cost?

1 Like

I’m guessing the Reno Air Race Expansion is an attempt to keep the gamers on the platform and from drifting off to other games when they get bored with FS2020.

I expect that we will see quite a lot more of this kind of thing.

5 Likes

I wonder if a career mode will ever be included too since many users seem to want it.

3 Likes

I don’t personally think so. There are already a few add ons now that kind of fit the bill of career mode. I’m not sure that ASOBO would spend much time on this because of that.

I think that you will have to go third party for that, freeware or payware.

In the Junkers Video it looks like Frankfurt Skyline get also some polish :smiley: Also the Bridges…

1 Like

Considering “simulator” is a video game genre, all simulators are practically video games unless certified by the FAA. That being said, there’s no harm in MSFS being both a simulator and a game.

10 Likes