Official Discussion: Gamescom Announcements

Google autorotation

1 Like

Shouldnā€™t they prioritize fixing the marketplace in that case and make sure add-ons keep working between updates? Iā€™m very hesitant to buy anything extra on the marketplace when the advice every update is to remove all add-ons as many break between updates.

As for keeping the casual simmers and gamers happy, is it not important that bush flights work correctly on XBox (canā€™t complete some at all, respawn often doesnā€™t work, progress gets lost) or that achievements can actually be achieved. (My Way is completely broken now, Decathlon canā€™t even be started anymore)

I follow a couple reddit threads about FS2020 as well and the frustration about the state FS2020 is in on XBox is also mounting. Itā€™s not just ā€˜simmersā€™ that experience bugs.

im fairly certain the guy that will fix the marketplace is not the same doing 3d models for planes

they can do both at the same time

2 Likes

I am working in Software development. Not Games but Software is Software. I have been involved in several projects where old Software was overhauled and rewritten in parts to create a new product. No matter how much you test, ones you release the Software to the public the problems start rolling in. A Testlab is a very controlled environment, the real world is not. I am not saying that the Sim is perfect, and yes there are many bugs that annoy me on a daily basis and I canā€™t wait for them being fixed. But I am still impressed by the work that the Team did so far.

12 Likes

Iā€™m very impressed with what they have achieved so far as well, it all looks amazing. Iā€™m just questioning the rapid rate of additions while the core is still in such a seemingly fragile state.

3 Likes

I canā€™t recall them saying you HAVE to buy the JU-52ā€¦itā€™s entirely your choice. Let them extract their money, because the developers also need to keep food on the table for their families.

2 Likes

Still think an emergencies coop would go down really well especially with all the numerous natural disasters hitting the globe as we speakā€¦

Although I am not a chopper pilot myself (I prefer planes) I can only imagine the disappointment with people who have been clambering for helos. Finally your topic gets heard and then Asobo gets ahead of themselves once again, trying to over deliver, and miss the mark completely. Helos are finally introduced with something that isnā€™t a traditional helo?!? I donā€™t know I may be missing something so I thought I would ask the community who actually wanted to fly helos.

2 Likes

They said 2022. Getting something in 2021 in that direction is more than what was promised. And also letā€™s them experiment with the flight model to get it right.

3 Likes

I almost exclusively fly helis in msfs.

Iā€™m looking forward to the velo.

whatā€™s not to like?

1 Like

Iā€™m unsure why anyone who wants a particular type of new content, would be upset if something different (but a little similar) is forthcoming.

I though ā€˜helicoptersā€™ were already on the ā€˜to doā€™ list.

If this vehicle gives MS/A a change to try out some of the mechanics in the sim, I donā€™t see any downsides here. :thinking:

1 Like

Asobo canā€™t develop right now a real hely cause the model flight is not capable to manage this kind of physics.
Look how bad are the few hely you can add now.
So theyā€™ll release thisā€¦

If they are indeed trying this out as a beta for helo physics I can see that. Very good point.

Itā€™s also an easier transition for new users - the traditional ā€œpat your head while rubbing your bellyā€ dance of the cyclic, collective and torque is very frustrating to some.

1 Like

A interesting notion but commercially unviable in my view. The ā€˜top-endā€™ simmers are only going to get their realism if the sim as a whole grows a huge audience, many of whom will be flying on console and who will be looking for activities. These announcements support the growth of the sim as a whole and so support the developments that the realistic simmers request.

(they also look fun, which is why weā€™re here isnā€™t it?) :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Nopeā€¦ MSFS was announced for launch at the XBox symposiumā€¦ it wasnā€™t even mentioned in that same years flight sim expo. However, I fail to see why new features that have already stated that they are improving things like the flight model because of the racing are getting people so worked upā€¦ unless they want to be worked up.

At the end of the dayā€¦ more people using it means more development bucks for the niche crowd as you call them of simmers.

I think a lot of people here just like to whine rather than accept we currently have the best overall flight sim out there and itā€™s improving release by release.

Graham

7 Likes

Well they did state exactly that in the Video.
Graham

It has always been stated, since the very first development update that Helos would arrive either towards the end of 2021 or early 2022.

According to the video, this is the first experimental test for the helo code, so basically they are fully on schedule from the origional development plans.

Oh and also from the same updates, back in September last year, they also stated Helos would be DLC and there was no guarantee that helos would be free.

Graham

The funny thing about the ā€˜rotorā€™ craft that they are supposedly going to give us, to date real life reviews and tests of this (real life) vehicle have to say the least been very unproductive. I guess it sort of fits into the theme of things, give us something thatā€™s not quite right in real life to match whats not working in game?

I donā€™t donā€™t you have some validity in your statements. For me however this creates more questions than answers. The end of 2021 is rapidly approaching and they are testing helo code/physics with something that has a bunch of smaller rotors and is clearly a departure of a how a standard helo operates? That seems like an odd choice do build a physics platform off of. I donā€™t understand it.