Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

well, with your GPU at 98% for the sim this might be the issue, no?

Much improved here. No stutters, no tearing no long pauses, much improved graphics and, for me, better FPS. Still issues to be fixed like the shimmering trees, blurry distance and the really annoying disappearing mouse cursor but overall Iā€™m happy to fly again and excited about doing so now.

5 Likes

Still no hotfix 1.18.15.0 for me. A reboot did get the sim when checking for updates to say that I must go to the Windows Store and update the app. Iā€™m on Windows 10. Hereā€™s what I get in the Store:

Launching either just the basic Flight Simulator or the Premium Deluxe item in the Windows Store does not help. Neither does Windows Update, Store Update, Reboot, Launch Sim. Perhaps the servers are too busy to provide the update to me at my location. But it seems like the update/hotfix process isnā€™t very reliable right now - 1st time Iā€™ve ever failed to get an update right away after one has been announced.

9 Likes

Tried logging in and out of MS store, ran WSReset, rebooted multiple times, still no update in the MS store.

3 Likes

Thanks Asobo. Mwah <3

2 Likes

On my pc looks stunning, on the Xbox s stunning . So far looking really good . Need to test more but visually looks much better.

5 Likes

HOTFIX! HOTSTUFF! Looks good, thanks ASOBO & MICROSOFT :ok_hand: :wave:

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my 2 cents (but youā€™ll get 50,000 other 2 cents as well that will differ, lol)

1. Ground textures are back to SU4 levels. Look good, as I only fly airliners and so far, 39,000 feet and ground look great.
  2. I donā€™t see any changes to the overexposure - still too over exposed for me in HDR 10
  3. The temp spikes seem to be gone, but Iā€™m only on first flight
  4. Altitude reporting bug is still there, unfortunately. 3rd party tools like SimtoolkitPro and VATSpy are showing me at 41,000 ft when Iā€™m really at 40,000 ft in the sim. :frowning:
4 Likes

People asking for better visuals, then crying about lower fps.
You canā€™t have both.

16 Likes

Same here, no update, but msfs directs to a mandantory update

3 Likes

I have live weather working as it was expected to do, clouds textures have been improved (at least thatā€™s what I appreciated) and ground textures as well. Thatā€™s all I can tell you rn, Iā€™m still flying. No issue detected still

3 Likes

I certainly was not crying about FPS, just reporting what I see. I just want the visuals + FPS that I had before SU5

5 Likes

Suggestion to all those seeing blurry terrain:

• Delete (and rebuild) your rolling cache to prevent loading old data
  • dont test the ā€œHotspotsā€ like Los Angeles, New York or London where everyone is heading now and Servers might struggle to provide the data appropriately.
8 Likes

Is this the hotfix that we were promised in the ā€œRegarding Your Feedback + Upcoming Hotfixā€, or will there be another hotfix until Monday?

2 Likes

You are probably right. But I guess I was one of those who really did not need the advertised hotfix.

And I just wanna play using my mouse to look around without it ā€œblocksā€ my controlsā€¦

1 Like

Temps at high altitudes are fixed, yay.

1 Like

Me too, I have rebooted several times and the MS Store does not show any update.

1 Like

The installer is still broken, hotfixes are useless if you canā€™t install the game

1 Like

Available on Steam yet?