Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Read the Release Notes here.

Please use this thread to discuss the latest update, version 1.18.15.0. Other topics created to discuss this thread may be merged here.

Poll Questions

Feel free to answer these poll questions after you download and experience the new update.

Did you experience any CTDs during this download process? If yes, please respond to this post and let us know more details.
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Did you remove all your mods from the community folder?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Oops, I forgot. Will do that now and try again.
  • I don’t use mods
0 voters

We will open the 2 polls below at 2200 UTC.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being smoothest, how is your performance/stability in this update? Please vote once you have played the updated sim for at least an hour.
0 voters
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, how would you globally rate this update (This question will be used as a reference between each update)
0 voters

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find out about Known Issues

Click the link titled “Known Issues” in the hamburger menu, which is opened by clicking the button next to your profile picture on the navbar.

This page will be updated within a few days to reflect the latest patch.

How do I see my current version number?

Press Alt+Enter to change the program from full screen to windowed mode. The version number is at the top title bar of the window. Additionally, the version number is displayed by holding down Alt+Tab (above the window icon) or available in-game by clicking on your gamer tag profile icon from the top right of the main screen. The version name is displayed in the dialogue box under your gamer tag

Do I need to do anything with add-ons in the community folder?

We highly recommended that you move the content from your community folder to a temporary location on your hard drive before applying the patch and replacing after testing the new version.

What is the file size of the update?

Size to download:

Launcher: 464.1 MB
In-sim Update: None
Xbox: 1.2 GB

Why were certain bugs or issues not included in the patch notes?

The patch notes don’t mention everything that has been updated. If you are still experiencing an issue then file a ticket on Zendesk , using the “Submit a Request” option on the top menu bar. Include as much detail as possible, including the version of the game you are running. Remember the forums are not the official platform for bug tracking.

This patch is part of an ongoing patch release, so if your issue isn’t patched this time it does not mean it won’t ever get fixed! Check out the #self-service:bugs-issues category to see if others are reporting the same issues (where you can also vote if you have the same issue)

The Known Issues page will be updated within a few days to reflect the updated bugs.

How do I see my FPS?

Windows 10 has a built-in FPS counter in the Xbox Game Bar app. To use the FPS counter over your game, there are a few one-time steps you might need to take.

Important! You’ll need Xbox Game Bar version 3.34.11002.0 or later to use the FPS counter.

1. Press Windows logo key Win + G to open Game Bar, then select Widget menu > Performance.
  2. Choose the FPS tab, then press Request access.
  3. Follow the prompts, then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
    When you launch a game, the FPS counter will be ready and waiting in Xbox Game Bar.

What should I do if the update doesn’t start automatically?

1. Check Windows 10 for updates. If any, restart your PC
  2. Manually check MS Store for Updates
  3. Then update MSFS

If this still doesn’t work, the best course of action is to log out, restart your computer, and log back in.

What should I do if the update seems to stall or stop downloading?

The first thing to try is closing down MSFS and restarting it. The downloading should start again once MSFS is restarted. If there are problems with a particular file downloading repeatedly (on a loop) then exit MSFS and browse to the download location where the file is downloading to using windows explorer. Delete the offending file (if it is listed) or the latest downloaded file in that folder and then restart MSFS. The patch should continue as normal. (Note only delete files do not delete folders!)

22 Likes

Good job that Asobo was able to get this out before the weekend! Also, I recommend a larger beta test team for future beta tests. An “opt in” beta test option for the entire player base would be optimal, if it doesn’t cost much to implement. Cheers Asobo and Microsoft, have a good weekend!

45 Likes

Incoming Hotfix…As stated on Twitch

3 Likes

today, no way

1 Like

Yep just announced By Jayne on Twitch Stream

1 Like

alright…cool, I’ll check in an hour or so, thanks!
the forums will be blazing hot now if things are off!

1 Like

Waiting for the reaction when all issue’s aren’t fixed but it’s unrealistic to expect everything to be fixed in such short amount of time.

5 Likes

thoughts and prayers…lol.

14 Likes

Lets go! Imma go get that coffee ready ! Its gonna be a nighter bois.

6 Likes

Did she say when?

1 Like

What does T-18 mean?

Countdown - “T minus 18 minutes”

2 Likes

This is a late one . Hope it goes well for us .

Let us all pray together!

3 Likes

What does “hotfix” mean? They correcting an XBox issue? The game is destroyed at the moment! No “hotfix” will fix what Asobo did to this game. Don’t get your hopes up folks. Relax, wait, and see.

3 Likes

Agreed. I’m just happy that they’re trying. I don’t want this to turn into Fallout 76 or cyberpunk!

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah they gotta a lot of work ahead . Hope this clears some issues and don’t bring new ones!

1 Like

It’s online for me on steam. 281,68 update through steam, gonna fire the game now, download has just finished.