Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Also in Perth (Middle Swan) still no update. What version is your gaming services?

Sim still 1.18.14.0

Currently flying over London with all settings high or ultra GTX1060 3GB with average fps of 38, antialiasing seems much improved, colours are good and smooth as you like.

2 Likes

Why did you expect this to be fixed?

Known Issue

• In-sim ATC service radar can still report incorrect altitude (fix expected in world Update 6)

Or do you mean something else?

Is the super and Ti fairly similar in performance?

I’ve set to ultra now for my approach back in to Nice. It’s locked at 40 now but I’m over the sea so itll be interesting to see how it fairs as I decend

1 Like

That is not LOD, that is draw distance. They never promised a fix for this in hotfix 2, perhaps with WU6 when we can cache more scenery or until Asobo increase the actual draw distance

There is no restriction. My sim will use 9 or 10 Gb if I bump up the LODs

2 Likes

Then I suggest you zendesk these rather than posting them here thanks

4 Likes

Does the scenery culling seem improved to anyone else? I use smoothtrack and even panning very fast it seems a LOT better.

Hi! Seeing all the positive comments here, even from previously very critical people, maybe you could rephrase this to: on MY pc, etc.
Seems that you’re having some exception to the common experience.

Clouds tend to do that IRL, too :wink:

4 Likes

My XBox updated MSFS during the night in standdby mode as it is supposed to do.

Haven’t been flying yet, but I hope I get no more CTDs, of which I unfortunately had some in the past.

I might just have a short autopilot flight right now while I am having breakfast.

Remember everyone:

• Caching culling option (POP In) was never stated to be available in Hotfix but in SU6!
  • Make sure you delete your roling cache.
4 Likes

I’m away for the weekend.
But will be very interested to see what fixes they have implemented.
I’ll be watching like a hawk

Another CTD…

Still on my LFMN - LFMN circuit.

At 30,000 textures on the ground look great.

I’ve got my cfg default and set the preset to ultra.

Getting 40fps locked in the FBW

Ryzen 9 3900X
2080ti
32 ddr4.

I expect a drop in performance on arrival but so far so good

1 Like

just installed hotfix, empty community folder, CTD after trying first flight in C172 (straight after pressing “Fly”)…

5800x, RTX 3080, latest Windows update, all drivers up-to-date

Another flight…

:wink:

Just did a run down the Thames from EGLC to CBD and back in C172 glass cockpit at ~1000ft and all ok, I’m happy! i5 7600k @4.6 GHz, 1070Ti, 16 Gb ram and everything mostly on Ultra and FPS locked @ 30 (the occasional drop to 28). Also used drone camera a lot, wow!

For me personally and my system (I7 9000K, 2080 super, 32 gig RAM), this is possibly the best it’s been since launch and I’ve been with it from the start!

The clouds look great, the textures from 34,000 feet up look nice and sharp and my FPS and smoothness is great (I have it at 30FPS Vsync locked)

I just hope Asobo can sort out the CTD’s that a lot of guys seem to be getting at the moment but for me, this is great and I just hope it continues to stay this way

Well done guys!

4 Likes

Is your Content Manager up to date? Cleared rolling cache?