Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Thing is this is in clear skies, so they’ve screwed something up.

a render resolution of 5760x3075 … of course… is your normal screen resolution of 3840x2050 not enough ? … some time… I don’t know…

7 Likes

So why is it. That after each update. It requires a complete clean reinstall of the simulator? I don’t know. Maybe Microsoft can make a simple program that…oh shot in the dark here. “UPDATES” and not requires delete and reinstall so they can add one blade of grass to a field that not one person will ever see in flight? I am getting very sick of having to delete this each time and spend an entire day re downloading 120gigs. After each update the sim will not launch until I do just that.

Haven’t got any CTDs, the global luminance looks much better. I still see color banding everywhere (probably due to a forced HDR optimization?) and the clouds look different… but that’s just a personal opinion I guess.
The performance is absolutely great… basically zero stutters, high FPS. Temperatures aloft work great as well.
Now please, fix the wind. I’m flying at LOWI with VRB11G34KT and in-game it’s 18014KT :smiley:

Anyway, nice job. Back to flying!

Exactly lol!

1 Like

In their defense wasn’t that broken before the hotfix for the hotfix?

Thanks for the full explanation

Thanks
Already did that. Also set graphics settings to Low and still limited to 30fps. Something in game is out of whack for sure. Just uninstalled and doing fresh install to see if it helps.

Walked away from a flight for about 15 minutes whilst it was capped at 40fps in VR. When I came back, it was down to 10fps with little to no GPU or CPU usage. Rdrthread was completely red and latency was 70ms. Has anyone else come across this? Looks like the return of a memory leak that was previously resolved.

Getting the X box app also worked for me, MS store would not download the update until I installed the X Box app

1 Like

Patched… but WHY are my ai taildraggers all still in “flying mode” on the ramp ???

You probably already know this; you’ll need to check your NVidia settings and in-game settings to make sure you’re not limiting FPS.

The only other time I’ve seem unexplained frame limiting is when the actual monitor is set for a lower refresh than realised.

So, the hotfix has made things worse for me. I had never experienced the CTDs before. Now, I can’t even fly. I had a crash when I was loading a flight out of KBOS. When I reloaded and tried again, this time I made it to the runway and right before takeoff it crashed. Community folder is empty and was using the standard A320 (Not FBW).

The clouds look better than before Hotfix 2 - that is in the rare cases when the game runs without CTDs.

But PMDG had fixed it in the meantime and now it’s broken again…

Yes they’re still there. They won’t focus on VR until end of the year so I don’t think it will be fixed in WU6.

A full nights sleep and less than 100 new topics, it’s a hit! :smiley: :wink:

2 Likes

Which plane is it?

F-22 Raptor, updated for SU5

1 Like

I’m still unable to download it from the Microsoft store. (2021-08-07/ 8:32am Atlantic Time)

Same situation !

1 Like