Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

@Wined2310 @AlexLegend165
I’m flying VR at about 150 degrees FOV horizontally. Normal monitors have FOV around 100 degrees, UW around 115 degrees.
In other words, I have to load and render around 40-50% more data in order to display the area without errors. Asobo has reduced the data load for non-visible areas through culling. Everything else is pure arithmetic if you ask me. :wink:

If you think this amount of data fits in only 5Gb Ram, ok. I only see that only the Orthos without Autogen Objects are already bigger for me in XP for this area.

I think, i know what i do :wink:

skip planes, lol, you dont look as cool as you think

Most of the other aircraft move smoothly across the screen based on internet connection.

In comes 500mph military craft at low altitude in high traffic.

pause … skip … moves backward … skip skip … pause … dissapear … reapear … skip skip pause

After the new hotfix i got time to time stutters, not realy bad and sometimes i got in the outside view freeze about 5-10 sec.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you are trying to say.
Care to explain?

Did you delete the rolling cache?

THX !! for your message

1 Like

Sometimes planes in busy areas tend to skip about or not move smoothly, at times it’s regular fliers in GA with bad internet connections.

Most of the time though, when you see a plane skipping around it’s a military plane way too low way too fast and they appear like the people with poor internet connections.

1 Like

Reporting a problem is not “it’s broken, I hate you, I’m never coming back”. There’s an actual subsection for reporting bugs and if those report do relate to an actual bug then it’s not getting fixed any faster by over the top histrionics in a random forum post.

I see thanks for the explanation.
I did notice that. I tried the F22 for a few minutes around Geneva to experience the acceleration.
It was quite fast but not as fast as I had imagined :slight_smile:

Where did you see me say such nonsense?!
On the other hand you have repeatedly disparaged people reporting their problems. It is unhelpful and rude.

I just played today for 2 hours, version 1.18.15.0, closed the simulator, and now when I opened it again, I have the update windows, 122 GB
Tried 2- 3 times, closed, opened again.
Do I need to install / update those 122 GB ???

Yeah , just checked my version its the right one AND just did a successful ILS landing for the first time since I came back to the game. Up until this version it was taking me to the right runway but the ATC always had me too high and I just flew over it. Today it worked as expected

Oh for goodness sake, nobody implied you wrote that.

1 Like

the download is a nightmare, but the visuals are stunning.
EGLL->EHRD, 15min into the flight, just about to leave the mainland, no CTD on the vanilla game, Ultra @ 1080p, i7-7700k, GTX1060.

Feedback

ATC gave no commands, only knew because I had AI managing radio so i saw the response.

Graphics, EGLL saw only airwalks, no buildings but they drew in when i was very close.

Since StarlessLion50 kindly answered the “question” or claim, I take it that you understand the difference and that doesn’t have anything to do with you’re graphic cards memory…

No unless you corrupted something. When it asks you to update point the updater to the dir that game is actually installed in F:MSFS for me, when you put the proper dir in it should continue on to the menu.

Does „not fixed for external ATC“ mean that the Vatsim bug still persists?

Thx.

Well hats of to Asbo as far as I am concerned

Just had three flights in the A32NX on clear skies and as far as I been concerned the sim is working the best it ever has. At FL350 the scenery below me is now first class with no blurring. No CTD,s at all and that was my main worries.

Yes, theres still some bugs real weather at high altitude still has a problem with altitude at high levels. Theres far too many trees and has anyone noticed low attitude airways still calls for me you to go FLT350 or similar.

At FL360 and the ground below me is stunning.

Knew you could do it ASBO haha

2 Likes