Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

I think it’s all comes down to what hardware and setting the users are using. Haven’t really experimented much this past week. Going to try to dial it in to see what works for my setup

Wonderful Hotfix. I guess the Captonians, those are the People that live in Cape Town, just in case Asobo does not have that on their Agenda, are very happy to have now a great Lake in their Hometown, or was sit Rain? LOL

2 Likes

Hotfix 15 still not in Microsoft Store here. I`m done for today. I´ve followed many hints and helps here in the forum but without any help. Maybe tomorrow…or the other day. I´m really asking my self, how is it possible that Microsoft can not handle a store.

1 Like

If performance of a graphics card has nothing to do with memory used then nvidia engineers need a talking too.

My post pointed out that the Xbox Gudrun wasn’t necessarily the best out there.

DDR 4 is what current cpus use and are,timed for
The Xbox apparently shares memory between c-u and gpu like some lower end laptops.

Hi all,

My 2 cents…

As this hotfix seems to solve issues for the vast majority of us (low and medium end PCs) and we see a lot of complains about CTD mainly for users having hig-end systems, couldn’t the power supplies of those PCs be the cuplrits ?

My system is based on 9900K, 64GB G-Skill F4-3200 RAM, NVMe SSD 1TB and a very old Nvidia GTX1080 FE powered by a 1200W Power Supply, and despite the low-end GPU I’m running the sim at 30-40FPs, 2560x1440 in ultra.

I know that the power requirement of the hi-end GPUs, added to the requirements of the 10 or 11th generation CPU plus all other hardware could sum up well above the 750 Watts suggested .

I started with saying it: these are my 2 cents…

Dan

It’s apparent that with the new setup, if they make a change to satisfy one group/ platform, it breaks things for another. This isn’t something that won’t be done with a hot fix.
If you can get things running decent, it’s probably best to just report the issues like before and they’ll be worked on.

Anyone notice any graphics improvements? I can’t tell as I just got a new OLED monitor so it looks pretty good.

Love it !!

It’s here ! solution if you can’t directly install / download v.1.18.15.0 from Microsoft Store:

finally succeeded, I followed the MFS tuto nothing to do since this morning.
I finally found the solution very simple and fast, 2 mn…
go to setting app and delete the MFS app and then go to store and launch the installation, it will download 1.11 GB I think and, magic version 1.18.15
after the launch, it wants to install the complete game, you change the default installation directory and you indicate the folder of initial installation, and hop no download and the game is launched

Sim update 3 and 5 Hot fix 2 comparison. Same settings. GPU > 2080ti. SU5 is the bottom shot. Both with scattered clouds.

1 Like

Hum. I’m running a 9900K with 2080S, three NVMEs, 32GB RAM and my peripherals off of a 600W (very high-quality) PSU with no problems. 3000-series GPUs can spike in the power demands, so maybe with those? I’d guess insufficient power would crash a bit further than just to desktop, though?

After the update, my Thrustmaster TCA throttle stick can no longer be used. After re-entering the game, I will CTD as soon as I select the airport. I have deleted all the content in the community, still CTD.
I am 3080+10700K+32G

sorry for off-topic

guys i highly recommend play " a plage tale innocence developed by asobo even if u have played it before …
It is a masterpiece that will never be repeated …
u can get it for free on epic games …

In some cases yes.
Usually a power or memory issue will result in a random reboot of the machine.
Each case has to be troubleshot.
I had an issue with this latest fix where I was getting 10 FPS in the clouds and very low FPS on the ground.

Did a clean re-install and also loaded older video card drivers. Now running 30 fps.

It’s acting like there is a 30 fps limiter on but very flyable.
The last hot fix favored high end equipment.
This one seems to not be so kind to high end but fixes it for others. As long as less people are having issues it’s a success for now.

Time to halt the hot fixes. They are rushed which usually results in creating more problems than are fixed.

So basically what everyone complained about wasn’t fixed but decided to fix whatever they wanted. Got it.

Blame my frustration over feeling scammed for an Xbox port for PC and the lack of communication and acknowledgment until the community started to attack itself sigh

Yesterday’s Hotfix seems to have helped with today’s flights. I’m an Xbox Series X MSFS user.

Clouds are improved (live weather in the UK today created some spectacular moments) over the initial release and last week’s hotfix. The ground looks less overblown and more real (detail and brightness I think).
Best of all I haven’t had a single CTD (or whatever the Xbox equivalent is) during my flights from Birmingham to Schipol or from Glasgow to Edinburgh. I was getting these on every flight before the new hotfix.

Generally, a much welcomed improvement. To be honest I am stunned by what Asobo / Microsoft have achieved. The feeling of taxiing to the runway, taking off and navigating a storm and landing is better than I could have imagined.

Let’s get the stability and bugs sorted out for everyone now that the performance enhancements have been rolled out (including giving the ultra PC crew back their max CPU/max memory options).

2 Likes

My advice then is to have a break from it for a couple of months if you’re not enjoying it.

If it’s not fun in your spare time then it’s not worth doing :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Some PC users have 24GB of GDDR6 doing nothing because of the “optimizations”.

3 Likes