Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Make sure the autopilot is on? I find it confusing with the new description for the buttons Off and ON
make sure it says On. You could also try the Heading Button turn it on and see if it works. I will try it an let you know if the 172 and autopilot works on my system.

1 Like

Somehow my NAV mode is on VOR1. How can I change it to magenta color, ENR to keep the correct heading according to my flight plan?

Since SU5 my game with the FBW has been really annoying. It has these massive freezes which are followed by the airplane violently bouncing up and down, which either causes the Autopilot to disconnect and the flight to mess up, or just causes all the PACX Passengers to fear for their life.

Ok got it I had to press CDI button and choose ENR.

The suggestion that OVI79204 and several other folks made to launch the XBOX app and then look for the hotfix again in the MS Store got me the hotfix in the Store - so something is weird and broken if I could never get the hotfix no matter what before launching the XBOX app! Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0 - #446 by JALxml

Can it be you want to fly at a place where you bought any scenery content for?

I’m not sure there are more trees but they are huge now. I’m using Bijans tree mod and that fixes them completely.

For anyone claiming that we’re back to Pre-Sim Update 5 visually, please see below before and after color banding shots. Take a look at the sky and notice how much better it looked before sim update 5 without the bad color banding rings that you can see in the bottom pic

Pre Sim Update 5:

Post Sim Update 5:

3 Likes

Just to be clear, I don’t mean this in a salty or condescending way, but you totally misunderstood the topic and that it wasn’t about GPU memory

Glad to help you :slight_smile:

There are still some minor issues that need to be fixed but I’m loving the game right now.

1 Like

Same here! Looking great and running great much of the time. 80-90 fps with ultra settings outside of London, looks incredible.
My main issue right now is the framerate drops when moving the camera, especially with LOD 200 (or higher). If WU6 (or a later patch) gets that back to roughly where it was I’m going to be a really happy camper, and probably stay at LOD 300-400 permanently.
(Right now at 400 I can get drops from 60-80 fps down to less than 20, in some places.)

Are you using the 1000 Glass cockpit or the old 172?

Yeah color banding is still really bad, most noticeable on clouds.

2 Likes

Does anybody else have a return of the avionics bug after this hotfix? Doesn’t matter which plane, doesn’t matter what settings, doesn’t matter if I install mods. One way or another my avionics will die a couple of minutes into the flight and turning avionics or power off and on doesn’t solve it. It didn’t do this before the second hotfix.

Thanks for the suggestion. If temporary renaming is all it takes, then I suggest that Asobo/Microsoft incorporate this “no sweat” protocol in the update process itself - or even more desirable, fix the Community folder problem(s) in a better, more sophisticated way. For now, I’m going to be lazy and not bother moving anything out of my Community folder or even renaming the folder as I’ve never had a problem with leaving the few added packages that I have there during all updates and hotfixes so far. I rather agree with Crunchmeister71 that Asobo/MS have the digital equivalent of a Rube Goldberg machine in the update process and they need work on improving the process. The MSFS Update process - the digital equivalent of a Rube Goldberg Machine? Supposedly, they screen updates before they’re allowed to go in the Add-Ons store. For any user self-generated add-ons, perhaps they could have a tool that a user could screen his own self-created add-ons to see if they’re going to cause a problem when added to his/her own latest install of the sim and provide clues at to the nature of the potential problem. There are great debugging tools for Visual Studio Code and Visual Studio Community and all the languages that one can use there. Why not package debugging tools for MSFS??? (easy for me to say being an ignoramus about the SDK).

I feel your pain. I too am a retired GA pilot and flight sim enthusiast from the beginning. Eye candy is great as long as it is accompanied by realistic flight in realistic handling aircraft with realistic systems and avionics. It is hard to accept how little has been done to address those issues over the past year and then have it all turned into a house of cards to meet what had to be a management decree to “fit it into the box”. If we are fortunate enough to be able to run the sim without a CTD we still cannot shut down an aircraft without being interrupted by a logbook popping up in our face! Really, who thought that should be done in the first place and why have they not fixed such a simple issue after that has been requested long ago???

But as Walter used to say “that’s the way it is”. So let’s hope the outcry from the community is heard by management to the extent that they now bring whatever resources are needed to begin to straighten things out.

Clouds are so pixelated, I hope they fix this soon.

ATC is broken with everyone playing on Xbox? Im now at 5.000ft requesting to increase crusing altitude, and when I want to tell ATC that I require to increase by 4.000ft, still says “requesting 5.000ft”

Something they fixed :slight_smile: Better shadows/lights

3 Likes