Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

I posted this earlier. Not sure if it might help but it did make a big difference on the visuals with my system.

Regards,

What is that that I see on some Posts, TMTR, too much to read, or something.

Really, 1500 Posts.

Middle click the top and drag the mouse down to get to the bottom
as quick as I can.

Reallyā€¦

We had now Hot Fix 1 and Hot Fix 2. So what was really fixed as announced and promisedā€¦? Thanks!

Not yet, at least. Iā€™m slowly introducing mods at the moment, just the Islander, and Navigraph data so far. No CTDs yet either, fortunately.

Well, not sure really.

I did a flight (lasted about 50 mins) from Liverpool to Leeds and a couple of times there was a short pause of maybe 2 or three seconds. I assumed that this was scenery loading in since fps went down to 1 and then went back to about 50.

I canā€™t really recall this happening before the hotfix tbh but not a hundred percent certain.

I was flying through a tropical storm just now with winds of 7 knots.

And thereā€™s weird thingies under the airplane on the runway. Like the shadow is sort of blocky.

Oh wellā€¦ maybe next updateā€¦

Microsoft has do a Big Error the chosen Not to get on directx 12 AS promise the chosen to get a workaround the Has Backfire vey badly th lose the Trust of the PC comunity with this step

Well not yet on this hotfix, but it sounds familiar. Had that basically in all versions. Just these 2 or 3 second freezes. Usually one at take off. Very annoying if it happens when landing. But I havenā€™t tried this hotfix enough yet. In the few flights I did, I actually didnā€™t notice it.

Same here everything is looking as great if not better than prior to SU5

My advice for that is to use Simbrief. It is vastly superior in every way imaginable, and even works for GA flights. You may have to tell it youā€™re in a 172 because it doesnā€™t have say, a DA40, so the fuel requirements will be wrong, but the default planner doesnā€™t do that anyway. It will still give you the best low altitude route you can hope for that you can then save to your disk and just load and fly.

A word of caution, though, if you like to start from parking, which is what I recommend anyway, especially if you have multiplayer turned on, donā€™t click on the map to select a spot, instead use the dropdown. Otherwise the planner will decide to overwrite your plan with one of itā€™s own. Or at least it used to do that, no clue whatsoever if itā€™s fixed, I havenā€™t even tried to do it ā€œthe old fashioned wayā€ to find out.

Kev

1 Like

Temp issues still exist. Flying the DC6 last night at FL180, saw temps of -3C with Real Weather. Switching to Clear Weather brought the temp back to a more realistic -20C. This difference impacts the performance of the aircraft.

1 Like

Quit out of the app. Started it an hour later. Saw a quick update.
Graphics at Ultra back to normal.
High altitude Sat and Tat ok.
Still seems like I have to bump graphics to medium then back to ultra before itā€™s actually ultra. Itā€™s as if it doesnā€™t write to the config file unless I do this. Not the end of the world.
Atc still does not accurately detect altitude. Cancelled IFR. Flying A320 from NY to LA. Fingers crossed no other issues.

Before doing the XBOX app thing, I had done a disk clean, including system files, file trim optimization, run Windows Update, run a Windows Store update in vain, then rebooted my computer (I wasnā€™t even getting the block in the sim before the reboot that there was a mandatory update; I could still launch into 1.18.14.0). After the various update searches, the disk cleaning and trim, rebooting, the XBOX app thing worked for me on first try. So if you havenā€™t tried a reboot, Iā€™d add that to the list of incantations to try.

still consistent CTDs a few minutes into launching flight

I know youā€™re talking about just getting the update to show up in the Windows Store, but every time I can find an excuse to say ā€œREBOOT!!!ā€, Iā€™ll take it.

I reboot before every MSFS session, and even will reboot in between flights if Iā€™m planning more than one during a single ā€œsessionā€, which technically it wouldnā€™t be because I rebooted. About the only exception is if Iā€™m just goofing or doing a landing challenge or something like that which will take all of 2 minutes.

For those experiencing challenges, especially unexplained CTDs, it may help. And even if it doesnā€™t, it takes me about 30-40 seconds, and thatā€™s from the time I hit ā€œrestartā€ until Iā€™m looking at a login screen again, not just the ā€œnormalā€ boot time. It does vary based on what you might have running at the time.

2 Likes

In summertime, a temperature of -3C at 18,000 feet is not at all unusual. The MSFS clear sky theme uses the standard ISA temperature lapse rate, which might be close to real world conditions in winter, but rarely in summer.

You didnā€™t say where you were flying, but below is the official aviation weather upper air forecast for the atmosphere above Dallas, TX today. As you can see, the temperature is -3 at 18,000 feet, The temperature profile of the atmosphere is well above ISA to almost 40,000 feet.

3 Likes

Thanks. I was flying over the Northern Territory in Australia - around the Darwin area. We are in Winter here.

Even though you are in Southern Hemisphere winter, Darwin at latitude 12 south is in the tropics. Here is the upper air forecast for today at YPDN

2 Likes

I didnā€™t make it too far without the same old issues. The CTD when zooming into an airport on home screen occurred. When finally flying, got into the 152, clear weather, and no traffic, frame rate shows 53 like it did just after SU5. However no way thatā€™s whatā€™s going on. Frames are stuttering big-time. I can count the stuttering as they happen just like before SU5. Clunkā€¦cluckā€¦ clunk goes the frames. This is at Santa Barbara also, not NY or LA. Basically itā€™s as it was pre-SU5 graphics wise to me with added bonus of random CTDs trying to pick a departure location. Sheesh, I havenā€™t even tried an airliner yet but community folder is empty of the FBW anyway. Can we just go back to SU4? That was the most stable for me to date.

Forgot this. In the cockpit, the cursor seems to randomly reset to the upper left corner or not show up at all. This happens in conjunction with no ā€œarrowā€ for the menus.

I watched a well known YouTuber talk about how this #2 hotfix was great and smoothness was great but his video looked just like what I was seeing with the stutteringā€¦humm.

1 Like

Interesting, your chart suggests the values I was seeing. I was flying with a couple of retired airliner captains who pointed out the discrepancy to me and suggested it was incorrect. Changing the Real Weather to Clear Skies, brought the temperature back to a value they were happier with. Thanks for the details.