Official Discussion: January 13th, 2022 Development Update

OK thanks still hope yet then (for new liveries)

This is how this morning looks for me on marketplace. Iā€™m sure you are all seeing the same thing. Nothing new listed and greyed out tiles.

3 Likes

Correct thats what I see

1 Like

Well obviously. I mean, the ONE TIME Iā€™m actually looking forward to a specific new thing on the marketplace, itā€™s completely broken. Because why wouldnā€™t it be. This is so incredibly frustrating. Itā€™s why I prefer to buy stuff pretty much everywhere EXCEPT the marketplaceā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m not fully aware of the approval process, but these are my thoughts:

There are some interesting factors, in light of the celebration of community vid with streamers, nobody is totally unhappy with the project management with any specificity. For appeasement there are a couple who speak of a couple issues, but nobody ā€œdaresā€ to speak out. Now, Iā€™m not speaking against them, they can do what they wish, but the problem is they are treated with overwhelming favoritism compared to flight simmers who have been pleading for years over basics. Unhappy aviators would never be allowed to speak their mind on an official video or even have their questions answeredā€¦it suddenly becomes against the MSFS policy.

But one can lie all about how great everything isā€¦that is fine.

All useless to progress for aviators/aviation (in a flight simulator!) in my view. This whole situation is totally onesided against aviation, and aviators are supposed to sit down and shut up, be censored, and be compelled to leave altogether. A very unwelcoming, very belittleing, and very demeaning, environment for flight simmers, yet all of these things are forbidden in the COC. Amazing.

No wonder there are so many angry posts.

If Iā€™m wrong about this, why does Jorg continue to admit that this is not a flight sim for simmers yet, and that they have work to do still. Yet static flying hospitals get worked on and released, new aircraft (for sale!) from the MSFS team are developed and released, but the default aircraft for the most part are not finished and need 3rd parties to rescue them. Reno and that other topgun addon are developed and (getting ready to be) released, yet there is no MPTO airport (among thousands of others!). If the excuse is we have to wait for a Central American WU then what is the excuse for W50 airport missing? USA WU was long ago and still no W50 - reported years ago, by me, along with many others.

Onesided development against aviation realism, but in total favor of ā€œfun n gamesā€.

Perhaps the question: ā€˜is this ever going to be a flight sim for simmers?ā€™ Since we know the answer is going to be yes, then follow up with ā€˜why was it not a flight sim for flight simmers first?ā€™ Then follow with the comment that ā€˜a flight sim for flight simmers is also able to be fun n games for anybody, but the reverse is NOT possible. So why should we expect this to ever be a flight sim for flight simmers?ā€™

The Q&A will be the same as the others, atleast until those not very interested in aviation realism become unhappyā€¦ but that will not happen. Great care is being taken to see to that, but who cares about aviators?

I totally feel unwelcome, belittled, demeaned, disrespected, and even hated hereā€¦but I thought this was a flight sim forum. I know for sure I care as much if not more about flight simulation than anyone.

Is this a flight sim forum?

It is very important to understand that there is a distinction beteween aviators intrested in aviation realism in a flight sim and anybody/everybody else on the planet. This MSFS project is proving this to be true and its the direct cause for any division in my view.

12 Likes

Everyday posts and threads donā€™t require an approval but when making a thread in the ā€˜wish-listā€™ area this has to first be approved. This is said to avoid duplicate threads asking the same question.

I find your entire post here very interesting and it echoes a lot of how I feel towards flight sim in general and MSFS right now. Unfortunately money talks and thatā€™s becoming more apparent as the months go by where we see new marketplace content added but some bugs in the really core areas of not only MSFS but aviation that have been around since Alpha are still not properly addressed. It speaks for itself.

Iā€™m sad to say as well that I too donā€™t feel welcome on this forum and havenā€™t for some time. I still try to post here though to mainly get bugs fixed and at least noticed. Thereā€™s rules about this forum and even areas such as the one-sided voting system they in themselves create more division than most of the users do unfortunately.

Thereā€™s a lot to be improved, a lot to celebrate and a lot of middle ground. Letā€™s hope Iā€™m 6 months time weā€™re all enjoying it the way we want.

4 Likes

When can we expect to see the new aircraft in the marketplace? I see itā€™s a known issue. Is there an ETA on the fix?

2 Likes

Can someone please update us about the marketplace ETA? Itā€™s very odd to say things have been released, not actually release any of it, then say absolutely nothing to the community about why.

2 Likes

We canā€™t go through another year of this. The development team need to focus their attention on performance, stability and weather. Everything else is pointless if the game isnā€™t functional or performing as intended.

3 Likes

Yes can we please get an update?

The marketplace items should go out at the same time as the dev update - we are checking now to see what happened. Thanks for the reports!

3 Likes

Which update? The dev update from last night?

1 Like

For clarification, the dev team uses the community voting system as one of many different sources to determine what to prioritize. Selecting what items are implemented (and when) is not, and never has been, determined solely by forum votes.

You will see several items in the Feedback Snapshot that have a status of ā€œNot Plannedā€ despite being highly upvoted by the community. Things could always change in the future, of course, but those are items where the devs have disagreed with the community request and decided, for any number of reasons, not to act upon one of the top-voted items.

1 Like

The new items from yesterdayā€™s Marketplace update should be available now. Apologies for the delay.

5 Likes

A very good point ā€“ if the Vote system is going to show how many Votes UP something, there should also be a balancing count of those what Votes Down such an wish.

BOTH should be visible, to gauge how many are actually concerned/interested in such a wish request, or wish the opposite.

It might also cut down on a lot of unnecessary posting, and friction, by those who can only express their negative vote, by posting, rather than just hitting a Down Vote button.

(Not that I am personally against a mature and constructive debate)

2 Likes

Exactly. I like the new weather. When I fly to Delhi there is low visibility due to the pollution rather than 50 mile vis with the old weather system. The sudden changes can be improved on but the weather is definitely better now in my view and airport weather is more accurate.

5 Likes

Thanks all!

1 Like

After update of drzewiecki design UUEE Moscow sheremeteyevo Iā€™m still experiencing cdts

Its utter garbage. ive just complained. id argue its worse than ever with an fps now of about 12. Waste of money, but DD keep insisting theres no problem.

Iā€™m on Xbox but thanks Iā€™ve just read your and other guys comments on dd forum and mildly speaking it comes that update didnā€™t bring any significant improvements to the pc too.