Official Discussion: January 13th, 2022 Development Update

Nope it didnt. I had xbox version then i bought a more powerful pc and its still terrible. They havent optimised as well as they say. I havent had any problems with any other airports to that degree.

Ya gotta understand that all they’re doing is putting a check in the box on the Agile Software Development / Project Management requirements list. Nothing more.

Gotta have regularly scheduled user meetings, nothing says they have to be useful.

I lived the nightmare as a software developer before I retired.

2 Likes

I imagine people knew what it meant to have live weather that actually matched real-world conditions, given that every other sim in existence has done this for quite a while now.

The weather was objectively NOT more accurate before. You can hold the subjective opinion that it looked better, nothing wrong with that (but it IS subjective)… but objectively, it was not more accurate before. It’s more accurate now.

Looks like you missed this :slight_smile:

Not my experience at all! I could post endless photos of METAR reporting OVC or ther conditions, and seeing clear or broken clouds also with the wrong clouds. Now if you are one of those who wanted METAR you should be humble and admit that so far it has been a disaster…it’s not subjective that the weather was more accurate for me before su7, it’s my experience and of many other useres. Reality it’s not subjective.

It also looks like Asobo/MS as well as yourself choose to ignore the fact that they hire/contract the developers they need to maintain the simulator.

They chose in the early days to do world updates, and hired/trained developers accordingly. Instead, they could (and should) have hired/contracted developers able to get the sim working properly. They cannot now argue that they haven’t got enough of the right developers when that decision was down to themselves.

They belatedly made a good decision to get Working Title in the team, and WT are certainly making progress in the right direction. WT have promised to look at the ATC (which has been wrong since the release of the sim) after their long list of other items needing to be fixed. If onlyAsobo/MS had gone this route earlier, and got more useful teams (e.g. Hype Performance Group, FBW, RSP) on board sooner!

2 Likes

I’m well aware everyone thinks they can do everyone’s job better. I’ve worked in a variety of positions, including retail management. No matter how much effort you put into something, there’s always going to be a vocal peanut gallery around to tell you what you’re doing wrong. I get it. It’s a fact of life. Do we all want a perfect sim? Well naturally. But I don’t honestly see any advantage to complaining about the developer makeup at this point. A large part of what makes MSFS what it is is the world. While I consider myself to be a flight sim enthusiast now, I wasn’t before release. Like it or not, what draws folks in is a beautiful world to fly in. The more people that choose to fly, the more resources the team have to flow back into the sim. I also see people routinely complain that “Asobo dropped y $15 plane when they could have focused on the sim instead,” without acknowledging that every $15 purchase helps pays someone’s salary to keep developing the sim. Without more purchases, the revenue dries up and there’s no ongoing development.

Here’s where I’m at. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You can think the team prioritized the wrong things - I’m not going to stop you or probably convince you otherwise. But what I can do is let you know there’s a great many of us that are tickled to death by this sim and extremely grateful we have a team of developers constantly working on improving the core sim AND the world we fly in.

10 Likes

Does anyone know when the next Live Q/A Dev Stream will be?

Did you read the Development update linked in the first post? It’s in the first paragraph…

2 Likes

@Broseph4245
If you’re interested in asking a question, or seeing what’s been submitted for consideration so far, take a look at this thread.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-dev-q-a-jan-26th/489610
Regards

1 Like

Uh. A review of the definition of “subjective” may be in order. :wink:

Before METARs were incorporated, real-world weather sources were not useable with the sim. They work well now…

1 Like

Not all of the time, sadly. Some reported weather it has a fought time evaluating. Broken instead of overcast seems a common problem.

1 Like

“They work well” doesn’t mean “everything is flawless.” Sure improvements can always happen and are welcome. But pre-SU7, there was no point to referencing a real-world METAR or ATIS for ceiling and vis while in the sim, because the sim values bore no resemblance to reality except in cases of dumb luck. Now, if you choose an approach procedure that barely gets you in per real-world weather, you’ll typically see the approach lights right around mins. If you choose a procedure intentionally so the WX is below mins, you get to practice a nice missed, having seen nothing at mins. I mean it WORKS now.

Does that mean it works every SINGLE time. Naw, it doesn’t in reality either, during rapidly changing conditions.

But things are now working well, a solid majority of the time.

2 Likes

Uncontrolled Yaw at landing!

Have finally purchased my perfect PC and have been playing ALL day. Suddenly 5 hours in every time i come in for touch down my aircraft (any aircraft) will suddenly max out left/right yaw. There is no way to correct the uncontrolled movement of the craft and forces me off of the run way. I have found this bug making MSFS unplayable for me since I cannot taxi. I have double and triple checked all of my settings and even restarted multiple times. Controller mapping is also in effective in resolving this issue. Very disappointed as I waited a looooong time to play this game on a pc that can ultra without a beat.

Anyone else have this issue?
Would love to play the game :rofl:

What kind of controller are you using? Are there any assists on? I had two landings and take offs today without any issues.

Regular Xbox controller I use on my Series X

It may be worth going into the controller settings to check the sensitivity of the rudder. If you’re flying on PC, I would definitely encourage saving up for a flight stick/yoke, throttle quadrant and rudder pedals.

The game ran perfectly normal for 5 hours under default settings. It was completely random and has not yet corrected itself. Take off, and regular flight works perfectly. Everything is responsive and I am always in control, only on touch down the rudder will choose a random direction and I cannot correct.

I found an older thread from September stating the same issues. I’m just not certain on how to fix

1 Like

Might I answer this, and for some of you wondering…just my point of view as a developer (not for this game, but for a major corporation)… just a teeny tiny bit of perspective, Check out my post which was in the “Longterm for Xbox” thread about bugs, and third party developers… Just my opinion, nothing more: