Official Discussion: January 27th, 2022 Development Update

For me personally that was by far the best of the Q&As as it was well structured and this time everyone from the team knew about the wishlist topics or was well prepared. Also I loved the Update by Sebastian on the prop and airflow topic progress which really seems to be a great improvement.

Two key things on props and airflow still remain some mystery to me which I’d love to see answered in the next Q&A, one was asked but Seb did not get it quiet right:
I wonder if downdraft interacts with scenery objects and gets reflected? That would be a key point on helicopters/air taxis/drones landing in between buildings/objects as that is quiet a critical situation irl :wink:

Another thing unclear to me is if wake turbulences are just affected by airflow vs. power or if weight plays a role too. The heavier an aircraft is, the higher the pressure on the wings upper side, the more air gets accelerated downwards on the wings ends from my amateur knowledge :stuck_out_tongue: I think that is actually counted in, but it wasn’t clearly mentioned.

Other than this I’m looking really forward to traffic and ATC related stuff - honestly it would be really great if both are developed from scratch so the overall world behavior reflects real world procedures better :slight_smile:

Passive aircraft right now are simulated way too simplistic and are not interacting with anything close to them (TCAS?). ATC also does not give instructions to keep traffic separated (speeds are just restricted by approaches and departures, not by traffic - also you won’t get vectors to avoid other aircraft if they come close [esp. flying VFR]). As Asobo now got a roadmap on this I’d really like to see it :slight_smile:

I had no idea of the fractions of a second!!
The rest of your statement is not quite correct.
According to Zulu Time
that’s not so.
Here is a quote from their site.
" Due to various scientific reasons and increased accuracy in measuring the earth’s rotation, a new timescale, called Universal Time Coordinated or Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), has been adopted and replaced the term GMT.

And from Wikipedia:
Coordinated Universal Time or UTC is the primary time standard by which the world regulates clocks and time. It is within about 1 second of mean solar time at 0° longitude and is not adjusted for daylight saving time. It is effectively a successor to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).

I had posted this, as the recipient of the post had corrected another poster regarding the time of MSFS
updates.
I was informing him there really was no difference between Zulu and GMT

A very interesting topic though. I am glad you brought it up!! :+1:

1 Like

Is the world update today?

Yes, 2100 zulu time.

1 Like

“Is the world update today?”

q.e.d.

:wink:

3 Likes

Thanks! Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Yes world update Australia this afternoon

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.