Official Discussion: January 6th, 2022 Development Update

Seem to be working well here too. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Welcome back and happy new year. Looking forward to seeing what you bring for us all through this year! Had a smooth transition from the beta with no hiccups in the process.

Was really looking forward to spending Australia Day enjoying our world update. Having to wait just that tiny bit longer until the 1st of Feb, January is gonna feel a little bit longer than usual. :laughing:

This was a default install with default path. Nothing was custom. Others are reporting this happening on Avsim as well. One person mentioned previous Beta installs needed to be in custom path/folders to avoid this. Wish this had been included in the beta install instructions or at least as a warning?! This is really awful.

Just a reminder that Live Weather is unavailable DAILY between 2300Z and 0012Z. This is a widely known defect and has been logged.

5 Likes

Get logged in for the day after the update and weather is once again not working. Of course it was working just fine last night.

2 Likes

We carefully warned players about the risk that a re-install might be necessary for those participating in the beta and suggested using a custom install path for the Pre-Release Test to mitigate this risk in at least three separate places:

1. In the December 2 Development Update Blog when the Pre-Release Test was first announced.
  2. In this forum thread explaining how MS Store and Xbox players can join the Pre-Release test.
  3. In this forum thread explaining how Steam players can join the Pre-Release test.
10 Likes

Um…

1 Like

I have live weather turned on. However I am not able to obtain a metar for any airport. In the FBW A320NX fly pad, weather is showing as ‘0’ for everything. When I try to obtain a metar from the aircraft MCDU I receive a message saying that no meters are available for any airport.

When I tune to ATIS on ATC I am able to receive that.

To summarise…. Metar are NOT available since the latest update. They were available last night using the beta……

Using FBW A320.

If ATIS is receiving METAR data, then it’s working. Have you cross-checked with a stock sim plane that’s unmodded?

That’s a question for the FBW crew. Many folks are reporting problems or defects with the Stable version today.

1 Like

That sounds like an issue with the FBW A320 mod, not with Microsoft Flight Simulator itself. As I posted above, METARs are working perfectly fine for me using stock aircraft, and so far your post is the first I’ve seen of anyone saying METARs are unavailable.

1 Like

anybody not able to get proper live weather at airport? I think server down again. Was fine this afternoon!

1 Like

Please backread this thread.

3 Likes

And that is after an update!!! Fun stuff…

Would it be better if you had pinned this in the forum? I guess many people are not aware this and I myself have realized that a couple of days ago :smiley:

Just a suggestion.

I can confirm that both MSFS METAR and the A32NX flypad display their corresponding data without an issue.

3 Likes

Can we have some early trailers of World Update 8? I am so hyped for this.

Will there be any update or comment from the team regarding the WASM coding issues that are now clearly keeping almost all new 3rd party aircraft from being released on the Xbox Marketplace? This issue has been confirmed by at least one 3rd party developer on these forums.

I understand there are a lot of competing priorities going on with this sim right now, but Xbox users still don’t have a number of aircraft that have been sitting with the marketplace team for weeks and in some cases months (i.e. JF Arrows).

We’ve had another highly anticipated aircraft released and removed from the Marketplace within a matter of days. And with little to no communication as to what the issues are or how they may effect availability and performance of 3rd party products going forward.

Xbox users deserve better, we spend our hard earned money just like everyone else. I’m now at the point where I’ll likely be switching over to PC and that doesn’t feel like a win to me, especially in this market. I really wanted to make this work on my console, but the lack of acknowledgment for a lot of the issues Xbox users have been dealing with from the start (not just this specific one) has worn me out and I’m not alone.

14 Likes

Same here. Tried updating and it surprisingly deleted the sim. Trying to reinstall but it seems stuck at 0% for hours. Gosh! Are you able to reinstall?

1 Like

I’m currently facing the same problem. The update deleted my entire sim. Installation was also on the default path. Really awful of Microsoft.

2 Likes

You’re definately not alone. I was considering on sharing the “Long term for Xbox” thread here as a testament to that.

People want their DC6 and I certainly want my Seafront Simulations Global Shipping stuff, it’s already been 3 months and nothing close to resembling a proper statement/address has come of it.

It’s getting real hard to be civil about all this when we get treated with a sort of nonchalant apathetic attitude. No wonder gamers have a growing mistrust with developers.

6 Likes