Official Discussion: January 6th, 2022 Development Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

1 Like

Great update as always, very excited for what’s to come in 2022. It looks like it’s going to be a year full of surprises from Asobo.

8 Likes

1.5 months until SU8 to MAYBE fix (and break new things) the sim-breaking bug of not being able to fly over 1hr without FPS drop. Just wow.

19 Likes

I hope next week you remove the “fixed” items from the bugs list so we can see what new items make the top 25.

13 Likes

This update following removing from beta per the instructions deleted the ENTIRE sim including community folder. Unbelievable.

1 Like

So sorry you experienced that issue. Can I ask if you had a custom path for your sim content? Unfortunately this happens for some users when moving back to the retail version, but having it on a custom path usually helps: Pre-release Testing - SU7 Update Public Flight - now also for Steam Users

1 Like

Do you have access to metal data? I don’t! It was working fine in the beta.

I wonder if Asobo will EVER manage to do an update without breaking something that previously worked just fine!

3 Likes

Why can’t we obtain metar data anymore?

When are you going to fix the bug in VR whereby if the mouse is focused on a window (e.g the useless metar window) you lose control of all peripherals until focus mice away from the window.

I just want the simulator to work as it did before the last update. Very disappointing as has become the norm for updates.

4 Likes

As you can see from the update, this will be fixed in SU8

As per the Dev Update, we have addressed the VR issue where the mouse loses control:

1 Like

Update was fast and everything is running as smooth as before the update. No CTDs and good performance. Also noticed that the sun can’t be seen in overcast conditions anymore which is great. :+1:

15 Likes

Please can you log a problem on Xbox. Update went ok and sim seems to work but all files in my content manager not there mostly Asobo files such as bush trips, planes liveries etc. before was 300 odd files and now 25. So far I think everything works but will keep experimenting with everything.

On pc update went fine and no problems so far so thanks to beta testers and the team.

Leaving Beta worked; got update (1.17 gig) from Store, then had to reboot PC to stop the need to download mandatory update loop; then sim loaded and appear to be working as well as Beta. Did point installer to location of Beta installation, which worked great, did not have to download the whole sim again. So far, the process as worked well. I did make of copy of my user config file and used it to replace the new user config. That process saved all my config setting otherwise they would have been lost.

1 Like

Can you please be more specific and provide additional details? How are you unable to obtain METAR data? I just took this screenshot 30s ago, and METAR data is working fine for me.

2 Likes

Mmm… bug here : Microsoft store cannot download the update. It starts the download and 2 seconds later say : error on our side.
Opened the Xbox app then logged off. Logged off from MS Store. Rebooted the pc. Reconnected to both apps. Same error.
Any ideas folks?

Thank you for finally releasing this update. All areas I’ve tested appear to be working well.

3 Likes

Seem to be working well here too. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Welcome back and happy new year. Looking forward to seeing what you bring for us all through this year! Had a smooth transition from the beta with no hiccups in the process.

Was really looking forward to spending Australia Day enjoying our world update. Having to wait just that tiny bit longer until the 1st of Feb, January is gonna feel a little bit longer than usual. :laughing:

This was a default install with default path. Nothing was custom. Others are reporting this happening on Avsim as well. One person mentioned previous Beta installs needed to be in custom path/folders to avoid this. Wish this had been included in the beta install instructions or at least as a warning?! This is really awful.