Hello everyone and happy new year,
We hope you had a restful and joyous holiday season. The whole flight sim team is excited for everything coming down the pipeline in 2022!
First and foremost, we kicked off a public beta at the start of December with the hope of testing out some fixes to the sim. After spending several weeks checking stability and performance of the latest public beta build (126.96.36.199), this version will be released for everyone tomorrow, January 6th at 8:00am PT (1600Z). Release notes will remain the same but will be posted again tomorrow when the update is live for your convenience.
This build resolves a number of issues related to Track IR, VR, Weather, and more. Based on your feedback and reports, there are even more highly anticipated fixes and updates coming in Sim Update 8. We are diligently working on more issues and will provide updates where we can.
If you are currently in the public beta build, please follow these instructions for the smoothest transition:
We recommend all beta participants leave the flight before January 13th. Once you leave the flight, PC users will receive an update to the sim. If you have not left the flight by January 13th, you will be removed automatically and receive an update on that day.
- When you leave the flight, your sim will take another update when 188.8.131.52 is released, but the version number will remain the same.
- Open the Xbox Insider Hub
- Click on Microsoft Flight Simulator – Sim Update VII Update
- Click on “Leave Preview” and then “Continue”
After you leave the flight, the console will recognize you are in the correct build and no update is required.
- When you leave the flight, your sim will take another update when 184.108.40.206 is released, but the version number will remain the same. To leave the flight manually, follow these instructions:
- Open your Steam Library
- Right-click Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Click “Properties”
- Click “Betas”
- Select “None”
We would also like to thank you for your reports for the last few days regarding Live Weather functionality. We have deployed a server side fix earlier this week and plan on improving upon this fix in Sim Update 8. We are still investigating reports of increased crashes using Live Weather at this time.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!