Official Discussion: January 6th, 2022 Development Update

This I suppose applies to beta testers only.

Still ctd. I reseted the sim and installed the update. All went well.
Loaded a flight and had live weather again. I was a happy bunny, all is well now. Unfortunately only made it to the runway threshold before it crashed.
Loaded the same flight, this time with rex weather force which loads with a clear sky preset and had no issues from beginning to end.
ctds were very rare until a couple of weeks ago when I started having no live Weather as well. Same addons, same settings but random ctds on every flight.
Iā€™ve read about a bug that crashes the sim when you load a live weather flight. It seems its still here.

Is it possible to move an OS without a full reinstallation?

I currently have my OS and just FS2020 on my C drive which is an SSD and I have my 2tb drive with other games that a rarely play which is not an SSD.

Sorry, but your post seemed to address EVERY simmer. So I posted the nuance, stating ā€˜especially beta testersā€™. This is important. So from your reaction I think we are in agreement.

1 Like

Hello Everyone.
This may have been addressed already so please be patient with us Bears of Little Brain.
Since this latest Up Date there have been isues with the Thottle control on our Saitek X 52 Pr0.
This only affects 3rd party Aircraft.
The X 52 mapped instruction seems to have been altered since this latest Up Date although the L -Z axis entry is showing in the Control Menu Profile itā€™s not functioning.
When the Throttle is activated in the SSW Gina the Drogue pops out.
Any thoughts Guyā€™s ?

This article may help:

You may find this helpful too - gives instructions and support on how to move the sim without needing a full download

Map to Throttle 1 rather than just Throttle I believe may help

1 Like

Will try that ! Cheerā€™s m Dear.

1 Like

Sorry I did not see the clarification. Anyway I am very happy with this update.

1 Like

All very nice, but as a seemingly not so important Xbox user, I was wondering when I can finally fly my broken PMDG DC6? Iā€™m certain if the issue was in the PC version it would have been fixed in a jiffy.

i just updated to the version 1.21.18.0 and low and behold i cant even fly a flight ,i cant make a flight up on the globe i just picka place to fly from and one to land at and us the neo 32 i have even tried the other planes all i get when i press fly is the blue line goes all te way across then stops at end and thats it will not go no further is it is useless update can any one help me out why dose nothing work any more

Lots of CTDā€™s after the latest release 1.21.18.0.
I made 3 flights with 3 different planes.

1. Frankfurt to Rotterdam with A320 flybywire dev edition - CTD during flight.
  2. Rotterdam to Dusseldorf with A320 flybywire stable edition - CTD during flight.
  3. Brussel to Schiphol with A320 Asobo standard - CTD during flight.

Before this release i had no CTDā€™s.

I have the same problem with my X52 Thrust.nothing happens
What is the solution to Fix this problem ? The Bug is since have the latest update installed. Have been solved in this Time ?

1 Like

I found the process of updating the latest (1.21.18) clumsy and overly cumbersome. Again, I donā€™t understand the need to go to the xbox store. If the PC detects an update is necessary, such as a windows update, it does it. I donā€™t have to go to another place, it just updates. And if you are going to send me to another place, give me step-by step instructions. I waste a fair amount of time finding the process and completing it. Completely avoidable in two aspects. And then, why does the graphics card have to work so hard during updates. All itā€™s doing is downloading and installing files. There should be a download mode, where all youā€™re concentrating on is downloading. A wise person will restart at least the sim (if not the whole computer) after the downloads are complete anyway before trying to fly.
Thank you. (a copy of the report submitted to Asobo)

1 Like

Did it last night. Worked OK even with mods. Well done Asobo!!

I literally canā€™t find the update. I am still running 1.21.13.

• Installed EVERY optional update using the in-game the Content Manager
  • No update pushed in-game.
  • Did Repair/Reset on Gaming Services and Xbox App.
  • Uninstalled and re-installed Xbox App
  • Logged out of (and back into) MS Store and Xbox App
  • No updates shown in MS Store (ā€œPremium Deluxe Editionā€ has a button which says ā€œInstall from Xbox Appā€
  • No updates shown in XBOX App
  • All Windows 10 updates installed. All drivers updated.

I had a CTD yesterday during a Vatsim flight (KATL-KEWR, standard Asobo A320, third-party livery), but WITHOUT the update (running 1.21.13). Maybe some server issues in the last day or so?

Thereā€™s a hole thread on this

Thanks so much Gordon. Everythings working as it should now.
Happy New Year to you and Yours but especially for us who thought that our cherished Saitek wa giving up the Ghost.

3 Likes

This started happening to me after this update. Never had this problem before, didnā€™t put much thought into it, but good to know its not just meā€¦ Iā€™ll try the lens correction option and see if that helps. Was ON prior to this ā€œhotfixā€ and never noticed offset on clicking. Maybe old bug re-introduced? IDK, will try off anyway.