Official Discussion: July 14th, 2022 Dev Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

1 Like

What is the 36 GB update for Xbox version??

When are these Deimos sales going to end? I ask not because I’m interested, but because I am not at all a fan of the practice of poor quality addons running nearly permanent sales in order to constantly stay in the “On Sale” category. That happens enough on 3rd party platforms, I’d hope MS prevents it from becoming a pattern in the Marketplace.

Another thing I keep wondering… when is MS going to start requiring developers to actually have a version history? I like to keep things up to date and the content manager of course helps with that, but having no version history is strange especially given that this is an official Microsoft/Carenado release.

The version is seemingly known somewhere, as it’s shown in the content manager when updating:

Is the Marketplace not properly reading the version information or are developers just not always including it?

I maintain an extensive list of addons and it’s frustrating for instance to have no indication of the version number of the Microsoft / Carenado Gee Bee Model Z and Model R-2. Even after the update, there is nothing to be found on the product page, content manager, or elsewhere. What is the latest version? :thinking:

Edit to add that it’s clear Asobo/Carenado just don’t bother adding version history for some addons. At least the package version is shown here, although it’s not shown in-sim.

5 Likes

Any changekog for Zinertek textures?

Nothing on their website

1 Like

Love to know the same thing

It would be really nice if we could have weekly versions of the fixes aimed at BETA SU10. This way we would have more time to evaluate and pass the information on to the development team. In the last beta if I remember correctly there were 2 pre-builds only one was adjusted for SU9. So if we can get this date adjustment between the versions of B. SU10… we’ll be with an official SU10 full of corrections, worthy of a job well done by a team of users and developers!

:sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Washington Monument Pack update issues on Xbox:

Following Airports Come with it:
KADW you cant start there and cant land there without crashing.
KVKX trees on the apron close to the start of runway 24
W32 trees on the apron parking area middle section
KCGS you cant start there and cant land tbere without crashing

@GenBrienYQB @patrickb1973 I was wondering the same thing and found it on SimMarket. It’s version 2.5. Simmarket shows this:

“ Enhanced Airport Graphics version 2.5 brings forth a major overhaul to all default airports worldwide with even more realistic airport textures! You will now see more realistic airport surfaces and reflections in this new version.”

“Version 2.5 contains features from previous versions plus:

Updated asphalt runways
Updated concrete runways
Updated runway skid marks
Updated asphalt taxiways
Updated aprons
Updated ground reflections
Optimized textures to ensure good FPS performance
Added Mipmaps to all textures so they look smoother from farther distances”

Thanks friend, I wonder if snow on the runways and aprons can now be a thing because there use to be hardly any on them with this pack installed.

We already have 2.5

I’ve had issues at TNCM for ages now, where runway 10 look like it is covered with horizontal stripes, which don’t appear to be in the satellite imagery.

I always assumed this was due to Zinertek as I have never seen it anywhere else.

I will take some before, and after shots tonight to see what the differences are.

2.5 is what was already available, this was a newer update then that

Horizontal stripes still there at Princess Juliana airport, even with this update. That’s the only runway with this “problem”.

A good thing I noticed: it removed pink textures on some airports: Tivat, Santa Paula, Rome Ciampino.
Now I have to look at Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Bristol.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.