Official Discussion: July 29th, 2021 Development Update

Click here to read the latest Dev Update:

Use this thread for discussion and feedback.

16 Likes

Very impressive that a hotfix will be out so quickly!

5 Likes

Hey Jayne - will Asobo provide any updates or communication on the LOD/popping in and out of objects as well as terrain looking extremely blurry at higher altitudes? Or is this the new way it will remain?

Thanks.

20 Likes

Sorry one more question – so with the hotfix, will players be able to fly on VATSIM now with the correct altitude? Just wanting to make sure I understood the notes.

1 Like

The title should no longer freeze for a very long time when connecting / disconnecting peripherals

Finally, thank you! Sure hope that fixed the issue I’ve been having since launch.

Hey @moxiejeff - I’m sure the team would be able to talk about this at the next Q&A as I know it’s a big topic right now. I’ll see if I could get something to pass on here in the forums before that though since the next Q&A isn’t for a little bit.

And yes, the altitude fix is intended to fix the issue on VATSIM with altitude.

25 Likes

Just curious how the peripherals if they will be fixed as well such as the tca Airbus engine one issues and the other peripherals?

2 Likes

Can we please get a toggle for the white dot for controller users with this hotfix? I can’t imagine being too difficult to add quickly.

We are also all awaiting Asobo’s official fix on the massive PC graphics downgrade from Sim Update 5.

7 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

4 Likes

I am having issues with with wind speed and direction changing along with being unable to keep airspeed up when I climb above 280 or so. I dropped below 200kts at full throttle. Hopefully this is fixed soon. Makes longer flights in airliners virtually impossible. Was flying both the 747 and 787. Non modded aircraft.

2 Likes
Stability/performance
  • Fixed various crashes in game and on the world map
  • Fixed crashes related to the offline AI traffic
  • Fixed minor memory leaks

—
Hopefully this means I’ll be able to fly again, as since Tuesday the game crashes whenever I enter the World Map or click Fly.

4 Likes

Can we get some actual patch notes? There is a lot more changed/broken than what is being let on, and some of the previously mentioned fixes don’t seem to of made it, or what was changed is a “black box”.

For instance, Turbo Prop Logic update was expected in SU5, nothing in notes, and behavior hasn’t changed SU4 to SU5:

4 Likes

Much appreciated! Since it is a big topic indeed, it would be a good idea for the team to digest as much feedback as possible so they can prepare to discuss this with the community in the next session. Thanks for keeping up with everything!

5 Likes

Hi, I have also installed the G1000 NXI. Indeed it looks nice, however I have no idea where to find the ADF option. Hence I have deleted this update and went back to use the WT g1000 0.4.0. Sofar that works fine; not sure however whether an ILS landing can be established yet. Need to check.

Not sure but something is fixed in this area
Improvements of pitot static system to fix altimeter bugs

1 Like

Hi Jayne thanks for following up for us!

I love the update, apart from the Pop-in and incredibly short draw distances.

1 Like

Ahhh!! This is why my G1000 looks SO DIFFERENT. Seems this installed in the marketplace by default, no wonder…

Like where this is headed!!!

It’s sounds great but I have a few questions :

• How big will this hotfix be ?
  • Does the problem with the mouse cursor went back to the top left corner is fixed ?
  • Do you have any information to give about the pop-in and short draw distance issues ?

As newcomers will learn when there’s issues of any kind, No Fear Jayne is Here!

2 Likes