Official Discussion: July 29th, 2021 Development Update

See her response to my question above.

Thanks @Jummivana and the team of Asobo for the very very fast hotfix! You are doing great work!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the hotfix. Very much looking forward to being able to get in the sky again. At this stage Iā€™d just like to suggest the when a major update leads to such widespread problems, that such problems are acknowledged a lot sooner, and not at the bottom of a post about problematic behaviour of forum users.

1 Like
  • TCA (Thrustmaster) hardware - canā€™t start engine
    • Open the controls menu
      • REMOVE the below:
        • ā€œToggle Engine 2 Fuel Valveā€ - Set to Joystick Button 4
        • ā€œToggle Engine 1 Fuel Valveā€ - Set to Joystick Button 3
      • KEEP the below:
        • ā€œSet Engine 2 Fuel Valveā€ - Set to Joystick Button 4
        • ā€œSet Engine 1 Fuel Valveā€ - Set to Joystick Button 3
2 Likes

And again:
To be the first in the download lane when the hotfix is available:
Here is Your Hotfix COUNTDOWN-TIMER:
https://75x.de/countdown.php

3 Likes

The biggest complaint about SU5 is the significant impact to LOD and draw distances. Seems odd that this isnā€™t being addressed?

4 Likes

Hate to say this but for you new people hereā€¦ Usually when they fix one thing they break anotherā€¦ For the first time in 4 months i can play the sim with no CTD
I can only pray my sim will work the same after this patch

4 Likes

She posted about it earlier in the thread, they are aware itā€™s a big deal and she will try to bring some information to the forums as soon as possible.

1 Like

So old style, or rather lazy style, LOD model implementation got an absolute last minute reprieve on PC which saved a humongous amount of mods turning to instant junk.

I see the word ā€˜temporarilyā€™ in relation to it not being forced on PC this time around so are we going to be told when this change happens this time or will be get our usual nice surprise?

5 Likes

hmā€¦ no new products in the marketplace this time?

They were pretty quick on the last hot fix and most were pretty happy with it

1 Like

am i missing something ?? no mention at all about the joystick mapping issues ???

3 Likes

Didnā€™t see anything about the HOTAS One mapping issues. Is it being worked on?

1 Like

well thats what i kept being told, its been looked at dont worry its on the listā€¦update and no mention at all #confused ??

There are tons of things on the list, some bugs from this release, other bugs from previous releases, and bugs that shipped at launch.

The reality is, not everything can be resolved in a single hot patch. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, but odds are it might not be in this patch.

1 Like

the joystick issue only came from SU5 and i understand theres loads to do but as its an issue that came with SU5, and plenty of people are having same issue its strange not to get a mention

2 Likes

A lot of things came with this last patch. Is the issue a lack of mapping or is it something else?

mapping issues, i try to map one buttonā€¦it recognises another, and get what your saying but having a flight sim with an un-useable joystick is pretty tricky

Are you able to unmap the other button? If so, you might as well completley remap your controller. Itā€™s painful, but I had to do it with my X52, and by in large, it was worth it.

na i am complete miffed with it, i can change the buttons but as i say if i want button 11 it comes up as button 9, if i want button 4 it comes up as button 7, im more confused than please atm ?? i dunno ill have another look into it tomoz see if there is something im missing cause very strange not to be mentioned unless theres something i can do my end ? ill habe mess bout tomoz :see_no_evil: man my head is fried with this game atm lol

2 Likes