Official Discussion: July 29th, 2021 Development Update

Great with such a quick hotfix!

As for the “pop-in” issue that some rave about, that is not an issue you prioritize in an initial hotfix. Things like crashes that prevents people from flying is a typical hotfix item.

1 Like

MODERATOR EDIT:
Hello
since the updated I have a lot of bug

-no matter what type of route I select, whether it is VOR a VOR or medium altitude or High altitude, I have a DIRECT flight plan

• in the context of an IFR flight, there is no longer a way to choose the SID and STAR (anyway they do not appear there)
  • in the game, no more ATC! The window opens, but then nothing! I can change frequency, there is nothing to do! No sound, not the usual list for ground service, or most importantly to ask for IFR clearance!

I stop the , I still have not taken off !!

PS : 0 ADONS installed , Game reinstalls 3 times entirely !!:

WHAT TO DO???

bonjour
depuis la mis a jour j’ai énormément de bug

-peu importe le type de route que je sélectionne , que ce soit du VOR a VOR ou de la moyenne altitude ou Haute altitude , j’ai un plan de vol DIRECT

• dans le cadre d’un vol IFR , il n’y a plus moyen de choisir les SID et STAR ( de toute façon ils n’y apparaissent pas )

• dans le jeu , plus d’ ATC ! La fenêtre s’ouvre , mais ensuite plus rien ! j’ai beau changer de fréquence , il y rien a faire ! Pas de son , pas la liste habituelle pour le service au sol , ou le plus important pour demander la clairance IFR !

Je m’arrête la , je n’ai toujours pas décolle !!

PS : 0 ADONS installes , Jeu réinstalle 3 fois entièrement !!:

QUE FAIRE ???

There’s enough for this forum to open an entire section devoted to CTD issues.

Maybe not during a pandemic :wink:

I hope not, I love the brighter daylight and more realistic overcast lighting.

I’m sure a lot of people were complaining about the clouds looking too gray before so now they’re nice and bright white.

Thye need to sort out some of the lighting oddness in the clouds but it’s hardly hotfix worthy.

wait for the hotfix

1 Like

i sorted the joystick ( in windows anyway ) had to do a complete factory reset, all the buttons on windows and working fine now, ive just got to test it out on flight sim now but :crossed_fingers:t3:, so glad that im somewhere on the right track, appreciate your help guys :+1:

2 Likes

Mod Edit: An update should not KILL your game!

Before I was 80% satisfied; Now I am satisfied has - 150 % … the SIM for me is unusable!

so yes, that there are bugs, it’s normal, but that we made 150 steps back, NO it’s not NORMAL!

that we are allowed at least to go back to version IV would be cool in the meantime!

Une mise a jour ne doit pas TUER votre jeu !

Avant j’en était a 80 % satisfait ; Maintenant je suis satisfait a - 150 % …le SIM pour moi est inutilisable !

alors oui , qu’il y ai des bug , c’est normal , mais qu’on ai fait 150 pas en arrières , NON ce n’est pas NORMAL !

qu’on nous permette au moins de revenir a la version IV serait cool en attendant !

MODERATOR EDIT:
“Don’t be so negative! it is not going to last this pandemic! moreover, I did not specify that it was necessary to visit now! I launched an idea! Otherwise you can tell me what you think of the idea, that was the goal in fact!”

Ne soyez pas aussi négatif ! elle ne va pas durer cette pandémie ! de plus, je n’ai pas précisé qu’il fallait visiter maintenant ! j’ai lancé une idée ! Sinon vous pouvez me dire ce que vous pensez de l’idée, c’était le but en fait ! :wink: :wink:

Hi… may i know what exactly did you fix to get your joystick and buttons working again? I did a uninstall, re-install. windows update. usb update, factory reset of my hardware…firmware update for my joystick (Thrustmaster Hotas 4), but it is still not working… So maybe i should wait for the hotfix patch later today… or if you have some guidance, i would appreciate it very much!

ahhh see all it took with mine was the hard reset to get it back to factory settings to sort my issues, but sounds like your issues are more related to the SU5 than mine were, :crossed_fingers:t3: todays hot fix will sort it out for you

Since this update I can no longer customise the barometer to a value I desire. The “settings” bar is gone.
Anyone know where this setting may be hiding, or has it been removed? If it has been removed, why???

Hi everyone,

We are seeing some postings in other languages in this thread. This is a reminder that English must be used when posting on the forums as per the Code of Conduct. The exceptions are the Find a Friend and Clubs & Groups categories, where you can use any language to help you find users to connect with.

Thanks!

4 Likes

See this post for some tips on how to (sort of) get the percentages back

I think a Gamma slider is probably needed

1 Like

A gamma slider along with a slider for tonemapping.
This way everyone could decide how bright the sim is AND decide how big of a contrast between darker cockpit and brighter outside should be.
Those are two separate issues and should be addressed independently.

4 Likes

Yep, potentially with saturation/vibrancy too if we want to get all artsy about it :grin:

1 Like

What will come out today was not all coded after 27th. In order to understand what happened it is useful to work backwards from the SU5 schedule.

If SU5 was released to the public on July 27th, it means that the code freeze for SU5 happened several days before, possibly on July 20th.

In other words MS and Asobo knew they were pushing a broken product to the public on July 27th with potential CTDs. Some beta testers had the issues we experienced and have disclosed it on this forum.

The MSFS team knew SU5 would cause havoc on a lot of computers and they went with it anyhow, causing pain, wasting time and energy for thousands of customers trying to debug their issues on their own.

And they had already started working on the hotfix a long time before SU5 was released.

4 Likes

You are probably right that the hotfix we are getting today was not entirely created after the 27th, but having seen the pre-release progress of Sim Update 5, I think that your estimate regarding its coding freeze is likely wrong.

Of course they knew that the build which went live on the 27th had its fair share of issues, but there was nothing else they could do. Microsoft set the release date of the Xbox version on the 27th, and it goes without saying that if Sim Update 5 was released later, the PC community would complain that Xbox gets the performance enhancements and new features first.

The difference is that they are already planning hotfixes in advance to address major issues, while until the France/Benelux Update or so we had to put up with several major known issues for weeks or even months, and they were not that keen on hotfixing them until the community started screaming. So this is a huge improvement in my book.

3 Likes

The fix did not work for me I get the same CTD issues