Official Discussion: July 7th, 2022 Dev Update

Addons include any aircraft purchased in the Marketplace. I have my Standard copy from the Store installed without any purchases or world updates, and my Steam Premium Deluxe copy with my purchases. I will be testing on the Standard copy for bug testing. It’s important in the Beta to test the wide variety of hardware and purchase options as well as the vanilla install, but for bugs they will likely ask you to remove ALL purchases. That’s a tall order for some.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone above for the insightful discussion and sharing your experience about past betas as well as your plans for joining the upcoming one. I will echo many comments here and say that it is most helpful when testing the sim in its vanilla state initially to easily identify issues in the core sim rather than a 3rd party mod.

That said though, our 3rd party mods are a huge part of the sim as well, and there will be two different sub-categories available tomorrow for users to report any issues with Marketplace products or external 3rd party mods for the 3rd party developers to look though. The 3rd party devs are not required to look through those categories though so we also recommend reporting any issues directly to them, but we hope having those areas will facilitate good communication and transparency for everyone.

Really excited that some are thinking about joining the beta for the first time! It can be cumbersome at times, and some betas have certainly gone better than others, so the disclaimers above are very helpful. There is no rush to join tomorrow if you would rather see how the first build goes, but of course all will be welcome!

31 Likes

I hope a fix for this mess is part of the Beta!

2 Likes

Have to point out that NVIDIA GPU can also use FSR.

1 Like

So what is simple traffic add-on, is it offline traffic that replaces the live traffic?

1 Like

Thanks so its liveries and real world routes, so if I were to get this add-on for xbox, would I need to change traffic to ai offline traffic and also uninstall all my livery packs I have a few from 4simmers for the a320.

2 Likes

Great thanks, some of them settings are not on xbox but thats a great help, would you say its best to use ai offline with simple traffic?

1 Like

As far as I can tell you shouldn’t have to delete anything. Simple Traffic is a standalone thing which only affects how you see other craft and nothing to do with yours. So far so good that it does seem to be working with me using live traffic and not having to switch to offline.

1 Like

No need to uninstall liveries, you can also play with real world traffic and it will show the new liveries of simple traffic. if you do switch to offline AI traffic it will fly AI aircraft airliners according to the flight plans they included, make sure to then have airport ground aircraft set at 0 or it will not display the correct liveries that belong to the gates they are assigned to.

1 Like

Btw i recommend AI Aircraft Density at 100 or it will not show Smaller GA AI Aircraft

1 Like

Ground aircraft set to 0 if just set to ai offline or both offline and live real time?

Sorry for all the questions, just excited to see this add-on for xbox.

I use 0 for ground aircraft for both offline and online right now as I find it to be more realistic and it spawns the liveries more realistic at the gates, but if you do find it to be really empty at the gates you can set Ground Aircraft to like 50 in online because yeah with online real time traffic gates do get empy unless there is a real life aircraft there ready to take off

1 Like

The most anticipated SU for me I guess, I’m super excited already.

2 Likes

Yeah thats what I find when Ive had it set to 0 in real time, even some busy airports like Heathrow have looked empty, perhaps that will change one day if real time traffic improves.

Yeah the issue with real time traffic is. it will only spawn when an aircraft is about to taxi to the runway that is why it gets so empty then, in offline AI they spawn way before they start to taxi that is why with this pack in offline mode its better with ground aircraft at 0. you can always just turn ground aircraft to 0 only when you switch to offline AI.

I wish Microsoft would enable the Aicraft Labels to also show when using offline AI aircraft though because as it is they only show with realtime online traffic.

2 Likes

A quick question about DLSS, assuming todays beta goes ahead as planned and DLSS is part of the beta.

Don’t we need new graphics drivers as well. I’ve noticed on many of the previous Nvidia updates it mentions support for DLSS for specific games.
If that’s the case we won’t be able to judge the DLSS performance until new drivers are available?

Yea little critic … try placing the ad a little further down the update.

Seeing prices in the update alone is a bit cringe but seeing them third … just no.

Next time go this route

addplacement

Tell me all the good things and then sell me something while my heart is all warm and a flutter … not while I’m crucially evaluating with much expectation.

Anyone understand any of that?

3 Likes