Official Discussion: July 7th, 2022 Dev Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

7 Likes

Whoa A321 Neo?

Simple Traffic will massively improve the immersion for Xbox users. Finally!

1 Like

Not quite.

More like an A320 with a different shade of lipstick.

1 Like

Let’s go! SU10 beta is expected to be released tomorrow! Really excited :top:

8 Likes

Long time PC user but happy for Xbox simmers getting Simple Traffic and more attention to improve their experience!

5 Likes

Looking forward to check out SU10 and report some bugs :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Finally Simple Traffic, that is an instant buy right there

2 Likes

For PC, I find AIG far superior to simple traffic but won’t be a reality for the XBOX community so it’s probably better than nothing.

2 Likes

LOL of course the beta drops 2 hours before I have to leave for the weekend. Gonna have to pack early so the wife doesn’t kill me when I can’t resist downloading the beta right before we have to go. Really looking forward to live weather enhancements including the wind gusting they said was coming in the q&a – if we actually get a performance boost from DLSS and DX12 improvements that’ll be the icing on the cake.

2 Likes

AMD GPU USERS I know that AMD was working with Asobo implementing AMD FSR 1.0 more than a month and a half ago and we also know that DLSS will be available with this beta

AMD claims that games that already run DLSS take only 3 hours to setup programming for FSR
So, I’m only guessing here but we may see FSR in this beta and it just may be FSR 2.0

1 Like

The beta is coming earlier than I expected. This should make for an interesting weekend. Thanks :+1:

There was a recent post from AMD showing a list of games that support FSR 2.0. MSFS was one of them on there, whether it will be implemented for SU10 is yet to be seen.

3 Likes

With the unlocking of CFG files for Premium, and Deluxe planes, presumably this still preserves their DRM protection.

If so, is there any possibility of persuading developers to do the same for Marketplace planes?

It would go a long way towards people like me avoiding buying planes from the Marketplace as they can’t easily be modded.

2 Likes

I agree but what if someone edits the configs, breaks the addon, then leaves false-negative reviews.

Nothing they can do to stop people from leaving negative reviews for any reason they want. Besides, I think the forum community opinion is more important, but it’s true that if I saw 2/5 plane I would hesitate to buy it. I would do my homework to see before making a decision.

Agreed; yet AIG crashes on a daily basis. They really need to get that fixed.

To be honest, since the last update I’ve found live traffic to have improved to the point I don’t run the traffic controller anymore.

Just installing the manager and the airlines gets you all the models and liveries and the AI / Live Traffic use those.

If I’m flying to smaller airports then I’ll turn on TC but it’s rare these days.

2 Likes

I am not going to join Beta but cannot wait for reports from you and other testers on DLSS feature. Hopefully we will get some great benefits from it as some other games get.