Official Discussion: June 30th, 2022 Dev Update

Nice to see that the horizon line bug, being visible through mountains and objects, is not even planned to be fixed after two years of product life. Good job :yawning_face:

Cheers

5 Likes

A rare week with no new planes!

1 Like

anyone knows how long does it take an airport to be approved by micro marketplace?

i wanna buy homasim OIII Tehran Intl airport but after 14 days after the release, they havenā€™t yet approved itā€¦

It can take up to 5 weeks.

Maybe weā€™ll get the Star Trek Enterprise next. :thinking:

Maybe itā€™s the Flying Object that all the Flight Modeling is based on !

1 Like

Tbf that sounds like a DX or driver issue, possibly a result of a monitor overscan or underscan. Make sure gpu drivers are updated and (if possible) any desktop resizing is done in your monitor or TVā€™s menu rather than in NVCP or Radionā€¦ On my Blaupunkt TV I have set aspect ratio ā€˜Point to Pointā€™ rather than 16:9, other brands may use a different name.

This is a know graphics engine thing since the FSX days. Nothing to do with his setup.

So why donā€™t I get it, am I somehow using a different graphics engine?

It is not a ā€œin your faceā€ kind of a bug. It is a horizontal line that is a few pixels high. You see if if you are flying over water and there is an island ahead of you.

Strange, I fly around the Isle of Man al the time - I guess Iā€™ll have to look out for it or is it only at certain resolutions?

Just bring it on. Iā€™m ready and eager :grinning:

1 Like

Finley News on about Xbox version

I never noticed this horizon line while flying in Australia but I recently started flying in America and that line is now obvious to me there.

Iā€™m not saying it doesnā€™t happen because obviously it does for some people. Personally I canā€™t find any trace of it. 1080p, all ultra, renderscale 120, T-LOD 400.

Annoying for those that suffer Iā€™m sure but I think thereā€™s plenty more pressing bugs that need fixing first.

Maybe they are talking about xplane.

And only really prominent at two times of the day, when the lighting is right, in a window of something like 20 minutes if memory serves. Itā€™s easy to make it appear.

Itā€™s also completely inconsequential and barely noticeable, almost as if itā€™s an incredibly trivial thing that would be of low priority to fix.

1 Like

Too trivial a bug ?? Got to ā€œdraw the lineā€ somewhere ? :wink:

I want a stable update for once, in order to do that we need time to report.
and the team needs time to act on those reports.
SU10 launch day is coming closer and closer, is 30 days really enough to implement all the fixes we users report?
there were several occasions that reports did not get fixed in a sim update cuz they simply couldnā€™t push out in time.

give us 45-60 days prior to update launch access to the beta and open the bugs report section.
this will give devs more time as well wonā€™t it?

There are people who are just in it for the features (alltho they assume nothing breaks xD)
But there are many that actually want to report issues.
May that be through the forum, zendesk or MS Feedback hub.

7 Likes