Local Legend I: Junkers Ju 52

I understand what you mean. I’m also not interested in who’s to blame for such content not being unlocked.
I confess that I struggle with the contradicting feelings of agreeing with digital rights management to protect one’s work but it’s much harder to swallow when you have different expectations for a half baked product.
I really appreciate when developers are open about their projects and keep the work maintained and updated regularly (something that I’m also willing to pay accordingly). And if they did so I wouldn’t be searching for mods to fill the gaps of its shortcomings - I would be happily enjoying the product and happy that such hard work is protected.
Lastly, I want to share your optimism for a future rework (either official or by 3rd parties, don’t matter to me), so that so many great aircraft can get the stability and comprehensive systems depth they deserve.

1 Like

So far I know the 1939 Version dont have a Vorlader in real. The Modern (D-AQUI) have a Vorlader and not a Supercharger.

Does anyone here have a different opinion?

This is translating to English as “loader”. VW had a supercharger known as the “G-lader” due to its chamber’s being shaped as a G. Is Vorlader meant to translate as turbocharger?

Anyhow, here is a screenshot from the Ju 52 Manual provided by the developer. It indicates the engine type as BMW 132 for all variants, which would mean it would be supercharged.

Hello. I was flying the Junker (runway start) and the cabin lights weren’t on and I can’t find a switch. Am I just missing the switch location somewhere?

The developer didn’t make that very clear in his manual he need fix that. Here the original manual and from wiki:

2 Likes

Press lights key 2x and then it will start work as usual…

If I may venture a guess, “Vorlader” may describe the the position of the supercharger in front, rather than behind, of the carburettor. For example, the Mercedes W25 Grand Prix used this setup, to ear-piercing effect.

3 Likes

So the mod contains new, “assumed” values in the engines.cfg and flightmodel.cfg?

Basically yes (as a mod like this basically just overwrites parameters afterwards which are used on any MSFS aircraft.

The only issue is to prevent other things to break or act awkward if you do this “blindly” so:

Option 1: It’s either much trial and error (as debug tools also don’t work well on encrypted aircraft) or

Option 2: the author obtained some illegal version of this addon which was not encrypted so he could take a direct look into files and use debug tools or

Option 3: These config files are now also officially unlocked, I didn’t check on that lately.

Some of the config files of the Ju52 in the Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-junkers-ju52\SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder are not encrytpted (ai, cameras, cockpit, gameplay, panel), but not the aircraft, engines, flight_model and systems.cfg. So it seems you are right and the author of the mod used trial and error.

1 Like

Did anyone catch in the November 18th Dev Q&A that Oliver Moser is planning an update for the Ju-52 in “early December”. It will be interesting to see what gets fixed… :thinking:

10 Likes

Yes I caught that, also for the Dornier and the F13.

Looking forward to the updates, but I have no idea what is gonna be fixed or upgraded…

10 Likes

the updates seem to be published in the marketplace now (for Donier, F13 and Ju-52)

Jorg promised that :slight_smile:

Is there a changelog?

We just released an update to the Junker Ju 52. Please see below for the changelog.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

• An EFB / tablet has been added to the Retrofit variant. The interface is similar to what’s found in the Icon A5.
  • The manifold pressure of the engines have been adjusted based on user feedback.
  • Center panel lights now work in Livery 1 and Livery 2 of floats variant.
  • Default position of the VR camera in Floats variant has been moved forward, so that it doesn’t clip the wall.
  • Users can toggle the doors, stairs, and chocks using buttons / switches in the cockpit.
20 Likes

Need to test this update during the weekend!
I guess it has not changed the window tint?
No flight model changes?

Apart from the manifold pressure adjustments, this wasn’t a particularly big update it seems.
We’ll see how it goes.

Oh…that ugly EFB tablet :frowning: I hope it can be hidden.
BTW Center panel lights do not work in 1939 variant by default…until you (double) press L button

I don’t believe there is anything stopping another 3rd party from releasing these planes. I imagine the price at which Asobo/MS buy the rights for these planes is obviously too good to resist, otherwise these devs would just be releasing them standalone.

the most important update (for me) was not mentioned: the Issue with the Livery 1 (orange) of the Float Version which left no trail on the water, was resolved.
That’s all I wanted as I love that float version and livery.
Very happy about this being fixed.