Local Legend II: Fokker F.VII

It looks like we payed for aircrafts full of bugs and nobody from Asobo care about it. Even it is reported in this topic.
What a terrible support!!!

I’ve got this recently. I do actually quite like it to be honest, it has a lot of character. Yes it has bugs and could be improved but hopefully that’ll come.

A gripe I do have is that it seems to overstress on a whim. I keep the MP and RPM in limits according to the checklist for takeoff, climb and cruise, but it still happens. Anyone else experience this issue?

According to this post in this thread they do care. Nothing was going to fixed in SU8 anyway, as that was packed a long time ago. They only now fixed some JU52 issues, expect the same time for fixes on the Fokker.
Support isn’t terrible, just slow. Asobo still have a lot to fix.

The MSFS team and our development partners are continuing to work on improvements to both the Junkers Ju 52 and Fokker F.VII based on feedback from the community. We will share more details about what is being changed and when the updated planes will be released as soon as we can.

9 Likes

Sorry, but this what you really do not do!!!
Check when JU-52 was released and how many official statements was published. Since September 28th - zero updates or statements.

2 Likes

That post is 25 days old. And what changed from this post? Nothing.

How do you know, what is going internally at MS/Asobo?

I took half a year to update the JU52, now you expect a reaction in less than a month.
MSFS requires some patience from the users, has always, will always. Eventually things will get fixed, just wait for it.

There is big difference in JU-52 and Fokker.
With JU-52 you can fly and with provided checklists you can really enjoy it. Because there are some minor bugs.
But Fokkers are full of bugs where even you follow checklist you are not able to start engines from cold and dark. Many switches do not work as expected and so on.
For my money I expect working product. Definitely not trash.

9 Likes

I know there has been debate about how impossible it is to stick to below Vne in the Fokker Retrofit but does anyone know why the Vne for the retrofit version is so much lower 109kts vs 132kts (246kph) for the original version?

For those who missed the Developer Q&A livestream from earlier today, Jorg announced that updates to both the Junkers Ju 52 and Fokker F.VII are coming very soon. We had initially targeted releasing these updates simultaneously with Sim Update 8 earlier this week, but they weren’t quite ready in time. Our current target (which is a target, not a promise and could potentially change) is for the plane updates to launch on March 22.

11 Likes

I just bought this yesterday and since it’s an Asobo product I basically consider these to be an extension of the sim itself and it was never a question whether to buy this or not. Definitely blown away by the beauty of the model and even with how it feels when flying it, but absolutely dismayed by the horrid implementation of everything from click spots to fuel system being not functional to missing mixture/prop levers in the trimotor version to endine sound cutting out and inability to taxi from cold/dark on non-retrofit versions
 I certainly hope the March 22nd update brings much needed improvements to this aircraft that I really want to love but can’t. To paraphrase Rammstein here, “Asobo/Orbx! Meine liebe kann ich dir nicht geben”
 Once again, it would be nice if these folks learned from past mistakes - don’t release something until it’s ready.

5 Likes

The Devs got the Fokker F.VIIa (single engine variant) completely wrong.

They have taken a 3m variant and simply stripped the two underwing engines.
The remaining engine is a 200hp Wright J-4 Whirlbird engine.

Whilst the real Fokker F.VIIa is powered by a single Bristol Jupiter motor of 370 hp.

This is why the single engine variant is so vastly underpowered in the sim, and hence unusable.

The propeller is a constant speed propeller, except there is no prop lever in the cockpit. but the real aircraft had a massive aluminium fixed pitch propeller. This is what causes the strange RPM fluctuations you’ll see.

Also even without a tailwheel and brakes, the aircraft should be much easier to control, I have flown tigermoths with this configuration, with a little power and light forward pressure on the stick, the tail would swing round easily. Of course it would be easier to do this on grass than on tarmac because you can give more power before the aircraft starts to roll. In any case the complete lack of control in MSFS is very unrealistic.

But the most annoying bit I find is that after paying a good sum of money, reporting these bugs to the developers via the official way, (that’s me making an effort to help them making their product better!)
there is an automatic message that this bug may or may not be reviewed and there is no feedback.
I wonder if any of the devs even looks at the bug reports. This is an insult to the entire flight sim community.

All in all, as much disappointed with the Fokker F.VIIa simulation as I am with the entire MSFS2020 product.

All the best, I’m going back to X-plane.

3 Likes

Why does everyone say that the developer is Asobo? It’s written Microsoft/ORBX for this plane. I understand that ORBX is a developer by order or as a sponsor - Microsoft and not Asobo in any way. Asobo is not Microsoft. It is unlikely that we will know exactly what the relationship is between the heads of Microsoft and the Asobo division.

yes - and it sure would be nice to know exactly what that relationship is - how it is delineated.

I haven’t bought the Fokker yet myself since the reviews have been unflattering towards it. Shame because it is a golden age aircraft and those are of interest to me generally. Hopefully it will be improved on by whomever is responsible for it.

2 Likes

In the tail you can find a hidden picture with Orbx on it. That will be the developer. Updates have been announced. I think the Fokker F7 is a great bird, but I also understand the criticism.

So? Any Update?

Yesterday during the twitch stream it was told that updates for the ju52 and the f7 will be released soon. For the junkers this week and the fokker at the latest 2 or 3 weeks from now.

1 Like

It’s quite a shame that they haven’t been able to fix broken basic functionalitiy since January 31 
 for a paid aircraft.

The update to the Junkers Ju 52 is available now. Please check your Content Manager for the new version. Unfortunately, the update to the Fokker F.VII was not ready for release today. In the Dev Q&A yesterday, Jorg estimated it will be ready sometime within the next 1-3 weeks. We will provide further information when we can.

2 Likes

Tried the Junker in heavy rain, rather interesting :slight_smile: Got a gray bar though on the right side of the screen. Even if I changed view to left or right, the bar was there on the same spot relative to my screen. Landed at Gibraltar and changed weather to scattered clouds but the bar was still there.