Official Discussion: May 11th HOTFIX [1.25.9.0]

Yes, much better…

1 Like

Just want it to work my friend just like all of us. I remember the days of owning a PC (when I had no kids and could afford one :cry: lol) Now on the Series X. I used to play flight simulator X with all the bells and whistles and ran pretty competently from my POV but this is awful. Its visually stunning but thats all its got going for it IMHO.

2 Likes

Same, I share your frustration. been simming since fs98 way back. I initially got a xbox series x for the sim thinking it would be a great causal experience which it has in the beginning that is. now I feel it is rapidly declining. I am saving up and looking to get a PC. all that ive seen, read and heard-This sim is geared and is prioritized for the PC platform and hey I dont blame them at all. it has always been a PC game/simulator. I just feel bad for the newbies to the flight sim world who can’t even get past a map among other things CTDs etc etc. it puzzles me that all these updates break. not fix. This Hotflix on my end (xbox series x) has not changed much at all unfortunately.

2 Likes

Ok got home, started the old black box up to see about this illusive update you are all talking about and…“voila”, the box had an update and the SIM got an update in the Queue without me having “Data” turned on…? I’m afraid to turn on “online” functionality.

Should I…or continue to say in “offline” mode…??

I’ve noticed this too!

1 Like

Yeah I feel like the hotfix is just a small segment of what they need to fix. Their going to need some more fixes and ASAP. Maverick Top Gun out on the 25th and they cant let that fail. Can you imagine, how embarrassing lol. I mean its not my cup of tea lol but to some people they love Top Gun haha.

Hopefully one day I will be able to purchase a hypersonic PC to run this monstrosity of a sim lol when the timing is right.

2 Likes

I try to stay calm through this, mostly successfully. And each time I eventually succeed. But it must be embarrassing for the consortium. They must know this happens. And software is known for doing what its told to. It must be told to do the wrong thing.

The technical accomplishments of the msoft, blackshark, and Asobo consortium is AMAZING for this GA pilot. Yet you require updates that are this difficult to find?

Hello…please fix this. My needs are fair…your software tells me an upgrade is required and click here.

Please make it DO it instead of saying no update found. Stop letting MSFS lie, when it says “click here”.

On PC. Solid performance with fps locked at 45. Lose a few on the tarmac, but never below 36. Zero stuttering.

1 Like

Have those issues been fixed?

1 Like

This is absolute gold, TYVM I think I was missing a few way older runtimes that MS really isnt listing.

1 Like

Why wasn’t the turbulence fixed…? It’s absolutely horrible now. Still no sound on the flash screens. I’m staying in “offline” mode permanently now for good. I mean it. I’m done with “online” functionality. Never again. :angry:

Comon Aero Fly FS4, can’t wait for it. Time for change.

Anecdote: Looks like I’ll have an Xbox console for sale soon. :wink:

this is driving me crazy! Anyone else with the PMDG 737-700? Starting a flight from the world map with the 737, goes on the ‘landscape’ screen and then greys out and hangs forever, FPS counter from dev mode goes completely frozen, looks like MSFS is dead, nothing happens from this screen. Task manager says MSFS is still ‘alive’. This ONLY happens when loading a flight with the 737. completely removed community folder as well. HELP

How does your issue relate to this topic about the hotfix? It sounds to me like a 3rd party plane issue. Maybe start a new topic for help on that.

I’m back into the 50-70’s fps (in Las Vegas all settings Ultra and DLDSR 2.25) with no stutters when panning camera or otherwise ! But have to keep TLOD low still, but video quality is very good …

Its funny … yesterday I started MSFS (after I found that hotfix 1.25.9.0 was available), and I guess it installed automatically, because it showed the new version number, but there was never a loading visual at the bottom of the screen (unless I missed it), but I definitely have mucho fps and stuttering improvements … flying over a complex city my fps is 60-90, and no panning blurs or stutters, decreased GPU utilization, but I still cannot move TLOD above the lower quarter (but “resolution” still seems excellent), I did move up OLOD (Las Vegas) …

1 Like

because that problem wasn’t there until the hotfix landed…

Does applying this hotfix mean all the planes that take ages to compile for the first time will have to be recompiled again and therefore be slow on initial load?

EDIT: I’ll answer my own question… Yes it Does!

2 Likes

Known design flaw with the Honeycomb Alpha. It will get worse over time. The problem is RJ45 sockets are not designed to withstand the stresses from constant movement of the cable and will gradually lead to poor connection.

I forgot to too, then flew the 737 from KSAN-KLAS both 3rd party airports, seemed pretty stable.

• Fixed ATC Azure TTS goes silent while in gameplay

Nope not fixed, even after almost a year of users nagging about this:

4 Likes

Can you be more specific? What part of the new ground heating\dynamic thermal system do you think is broken?