Official Discussion: May 11th HOTFIX [1.25.9.0]

I feel like a big idiot for having bought the XBox Series to play Flight Simulator. I just believe it should work!

I tried again today. Tromson to Bodo, Norway.
A320 Neo. Take off, the AP makes a turn with almost 45 degrees of inclination, as usual. After a while, my ND freezes.
I decide to advance the flight to the final. The navigation display comes back, ok.
But where are the airport lights? Also I haven’t seen the weather radar since the update I think.

It’s been almost TWO YEARS since the release, and they can’t do the basics of a simulator.

Asobo is destroying the legacy of the FS series.

Meanwhile, here are 1400 replies and no change for us. It’s very disrespectful. At least let us choose whether or not we want to install these ■■■■ updates.

How long since the update, 20 days already? Nothing to solve the issues.

2 Likes

Maybe you should stop Mining for BitCoin when you are flying ??? :fearful:

1 Like

Can confim this. No CPU and GPU usage and 11 FPS. A few minutes later 45 FPS. AMD 5800x and 3070Ti

Not Asobo – Buck stops with Microsoft, and the MSFS Project Management

Rather than blame Asobo, it might be more accurate to say that Current Microsoft Management is destroying BOTH the FS Franchise, as well as MicroSoft’s 's reputation as a Software Company - maybe at the expense of a quick Bate & Switch and short (or long) term profits.

Whatever the Long term plans are (or even the short term) they way beyond my control or “Pay Grade” to know, so all I can really do is try to enjoy the roller coaster ride.

Maybe thinking of MSFS as just another “Here-Today Gone-Tomorrow” Computer game , makes it more acceptable & tolerable …?

As a “user” there is little point in obsessing or worrying too much about it – as a MSFS 3rd Party Developers, that may be a very different thing.,

Same here.

you are very funny

Not sure what you are referring to – but, I try NOT to take unimportant thing too seriously - like computer games … :wink:

On Xbox Series X I fly from Heathrow today and in-game VFR got freeze in few seconds after opening.
Is there any workaround for this please?

So you don’t see these?

Just out of curiosity, did you have multiplayer on and were there many planes near you?

I have an i7-8700 and a 2070Super and was having the same issue with GPU use only around 45%, and CPU use only around 50% and was getting 20fps at EICK in Ireland but with maybe 15 planes near me.

Turned off multiplayer and my FPS shot up to 45fps (I have it capped at 45). It seems like multiplayer is a major cause of FPS drops.

XBOX SERIES X: Well today I flew from Memphis International to Little Rock in a Beechcraft Bonanza G36 VFR… 2 way points… all was well (except for some reason when I landed in Little Rock I thought I was at the wrong airport as ATC said Adam Tower which for some reason I was expecting it to say Little Rock National Tower) so I did a touch and go… turned around and entered the pattern again… landed (even better than the first landing)… but I was taxing to my parking spot (I exited the runway and was about 100 yards from parking)…and Stutter…CTD. I was not happy… It was Smooth up until then… so they simply have not solved the CTDs. I posted earlier in the week that 2 quick flights in the Memphis area were good except a brief stutter just before touch down on flight 2…

So better but still frustrating…I wish you would get credit in your flight log for the hours that you flew and landed but CTD wipes it out…so sad!

PC version
Updating was fine - no problems - restarted the PC - renamed the community folder - updated all owned scenery and aircraft in MSFS
CTD on initial run of the sim - crashed right as the menu opened.
CTD on the second run - this time I had selected a free flight, airport and aircraft - sim crashed halfway to the ‘ready to fly’ scene
I had purple terrain in some places (never saw that before) but searched the topic here and found some references from last year? I turned off windows ‘hardware acceleration’ as suggested and it seems to have worked but WHY is this happening again?
Experiencing LONG hangs and stutters near arrival airports (KRNM Ramona and KSAN San Diego for example) more than after any other update - this is a real problem - makes the sim unplayable for me.
*** I have to go into DATA menu and open ‘online functionality’ AND reset my data usage EVERY SINGLE TIME I start MSFS now. That also is making the sim unplayable for me.
Also - since I started using the MSFS flight sim I have noticed that turning ‘on’ the battery or the alternator switches (in every single aircraft it is one or the other) causes a momentary freeze or ‘hang’ in the sim. That pause is now much more pronounced. I keep waiting for that to be fixed and instead it is now worse than ever.
It seems to me that your builds are being confused during these ‘updates’ and that what ends up being released is not the actual ‘final’ build but a mislabeled earlier and only partially updated version.
Very frustrating

After the hotfix 1.25.9.0 i experienced heavy stutters and even freezes above Londen to Heathrow,
I deleted the a320 neo and a320 Leap default planes from the sim and also i’ve deleted my usercfg.opt, simconnect.xml, content.xml and flightsimulator.cfg.
I know it automaticaly rebuild the files, except for the planes if i want these back i have to redownload them, but i do not want nor need these.
Anyway after this i did, the sim behavior for me is better a bettter one.

By the way in content manager or marketplace i found a new package free, called German Landmarks

terrible performance downgrade
GPU utilization about 20% - 30%, FPS around 15

1 Like

Xbox Series X here and i am still getting freezing/stuttering in the main menus.

The point has come:

I deleted the complete installation of the MSFS today!

And the following goes directly to Asobo respectively to Microsoft:

It’s sad what’s happening here with a huge franchise where a launch on a console would have been a huge opportunity. Instead, they’re doing a lousy job of communicating and apparently still sticking to a completely useless & indiscussable quality check.

It’s a shame for the money I’ve put into this product so far. In addition, I advise everyone who has not yet bought the MSFS: Keep your hands off! The product is currently definitely NOT PLAYABLE on the console!

Thanks Asobo… Thanks Microsoft…

Fortunately there are enough other games on the XBOX that are fun to play and don’t come close to having bugs like this product.

Goodbye MSFS!

8 Likes

Better luck next year! (If you choose to return)

1 Like

And it’s not a lot better on PC unfortunately :sleepy:

3 Likes

Deleting the photogrammetry downloads from my content in sim helped a lot with low performance on ground! Shouldn’t have to do this but really should give it a try if you’re suffering from low performance on ground.

Ok, in the DA-40 north of Spain. IFR. Asking ATC to -3000ft. Then I get a reply as if I have asked for 3000ft as my set altitude, where I would have get 7000ft since I was on 10000ft.

So many oddities.