Official Discussion: May 5th, 2022 Dev Update

Surely there is some control? Are you telling me no one has ever made a flying blender default cube for a laugh and priced it at $1?

4 Likes

Which is what makes it worse. People will think ‘is 15 dollars worth one of the few refunds I have’, and likely decide it’s not worth it, making sure that CS’s pockets keep filled.

1 Like

Hi @MATSC133 - Unfortunately we don’t have a date yet for the hot fix but aiming to have it ready as soon as possible. Will update when we know more.

7 Likes

That’s on them. Not Asobo.

Given how many people download the Flying Eye Hospital and complain that it doesn’t fly shows how easy it is to miss information supplied in the block of text accompanying some nice looking screenshots. At least with the Flying Eye you’re not paying for the privilege.

Three words - “no virtual cockpit” - surrounded by lots of other text - “4k textures! Fantastic liveries! Most detailed model ever!” - is just asking for lots of disappointed and disillusioned punters.

8 Likes

Excited that the patch is already in works for those who need it. But sure hope this isn’t another cause for delay of PMDG 737.

1 Like

Just watched Pilot Studd’s review of this plane on YouTube. Guaranteed some poor guy/gal is going to get a surprise! MS should save themselves the trouble of issuing refunds by simply removing it from the Marketplace.

2 Likes

MS make money. They don’t give 2 craps whether or not a 3rd party sells unfinished garbage in the store as long as they get their 30% cut of the sales. I just hope MS customer support can handle the flood of refund requests for that Capt Sim junk.

5 Likes

I never understood why people think customers don’t have any responsibility.

If you spend your money and ignore reading the description, then I don’t see the problem. I’m also sure there are plenty of people out there who just fly in external views. Just because you are not the target group, doesn’t mean no one else is either.

Now, if the description says that a cockpit is included and it’s not, or if it doesn’t mention it at all, then I would agree it’s a scam.

It’s dangerous territory to start try and judge what is acceptable and what is not.

5 Likes

Well there’s instances of that for example the goose by big radials says it includes a bush trip and on xbox it doesn’t.

Just read on here in their thread that it will be fixed soon and it was marketplace pc and xbox missing it.

1 Like

Two world updates back to back or a typo?

“Gusts in Live Weather Are Not Fixed” was the number 1 bug the last three months with 148 votes. I understand its beyond the 3 months, so it is no longer on the 3 month and also, now unfortunately, not on the lifetime bugs either. The last we heard it was “under investigation”.

Any update on this now that it is off the snapshot? @Jummivana

@Jummivana on the development update it shows Brisbane landmarks update for pc and xbox, however xbox doesn’t not have that product available on marketplace. I do see that Orbx Sydney landmarks is on the marketplace for xbox which is not listed. just a heads up. nice to see city landmarks are being added for xbox! thanks

I really cannot understand why they do not make it possible to add written reviews to the marketplace. How hard can it be?

The star system is not enough. You have no idea what people are basing their rating on. One person will give a rating based on criteria that are completely irrelevant to another.

11 Likes

They only issue two refunds per year, after that they don’t.

1 Like

I have a little project here laying around on my development drive.
It’s a flying brick.
Simply 12 vertexes with a red texture on it.
It flys, according to newtons law.
Let’s see if I can get this in the marketplace as well.

TBH: It is a stupid decision to let the Captain Sim C-130 in the marketplace.

6 Likes

How do I do this? I never heard of this option before.
Thank you!

For anyone that agrees the Marketplace should have written reviews, please vote here if you haven’t already done so.

1 Like

I’d already voted but I’ve added a comment. It’s getting beyond ridiculous now.

2 Likes

TL/DR

Just what FS2020’s image needs right after SU9. An aircraft with no cockpit.
I imagine that will go down well with Xbox users who have just been stuffed by SU9 ctd’s for a couple of weeks.

I have actually been playing with the idea of creating a burning dumpster with stubby little wings, adding a couple of Microsoft OS liveries and the flight model/cockpit of the stock 747 and submitting it to the marketplace. I think it should be worth $25

As I understand Microsoft/Asobo’s current attitude with regards use of other people’s copywrite (unlicensed airline liveries for sale) and quality it would surely pass into the marketplace without a problem.
(That is unless Microsoft are perfectly fine with being an agent for the sale of other companies corporate branding but suddenly get all precious when it’s their own branding that’s being sold by a third party for personal profit.)

I’m not a great modder so it probably won’t work very well. It might not work at all, but hey, as long as I put that in the product description it’s all good right?

6 Likes