Official Discussion: November 10, 2022 Development Update

Yes, let you know. I’m updating the general game and/or ingame updates. But then I need to make dinner lol. But tonight it’s all about MSFS.

I’m glad they fixed the wrong ATC callsigs. That’s a good start.

I’m not seeing it on Xbox yet. 11:15am EST US

Try a restart of the console. Worked for me.

Where are you seeing these? I only see one new on pc and nothing for xbox.

Interesting, that worked and downloading now.
Thanks!!

1 Like
1 Like

I didn’t see it in time, but it looks like they’ve finally implemented a base download, with extras as you want! (Top left text)

I assume clicking the pic in the middle brings you to options to add additional content to the list. And I also hope that if nothing is clicked, that the base update only is downloaded.

:clap: Well done Asobo, and thanks for listening!

Goes to show that even though we don’t get responses it doesn’t mean it’s not noted. Bet Asobo is sipping some hard strong coffee waiting for the line of apologies lol.

1 Like

Update wont work, sim just loads as normal?

I’m on the Beta and it’s 8:30 and I just opened the game and got prompted that my game needs an update. Currently downloading what I assume is the version switch of 384mb.

PC or Xbox?

Nev mind just restarted for the 3rd time and its doin it now lol (pc) i believe it was steam taking its time to register the update

I may have spoken too soon.

I see my update installing additional content such as Kai Tak Hong Kong.

I really hoped they’d made all content opt in, rather than opt out and then delete later. The text presented does make it seem like you download the base and then additional content later in the marketplace, as it should be.

Hopefully someone can confirm that I’m wrong!

Asobo: We would prefer content to be OPT IN. It cuts down on update times, and many people do not have unlimited data, even in 2022.

Benefits will be:

Reduced update times
Reduced strain on servers
Reduced data consumption for users
Lower carbon footprint across the user base as we wait for only items we want to be installed.

I have been stuck on 13% for an hour now. Would welcome any suggestions. I don’t even want the DHC2 Beaver!!!

Same. The download doesn’t work. It looks like the servers are bent into a rusty nail.

Can’t really complain at all this amazing free content (just wow) but reading the patch notes it was a little odd to see that Gliders have 7 tutorials & heli’s have none.

It would also be nice to know where the helipads & glider airfields are if possible.

Ah there she is

on startup… and then this after the update search,

This will take some time here… thanks in advance Asobo, looking forward to it :hugs:

hmmmm nothing happens here if I click one of these pics in the middle :shushing_face:

1 Like

I don’t know if this will help but I managed to delete the offending file from the FS folder (which for me was C:\Users\andre\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore) and restart the installation. It picked up where it left off and has now got past the bit where it was stuck. Good luck.

I use the sim with Keyboard/Mouse and a Xbox controller for now, but there this issue since Sim Update 5, everytime i use the right thumbstick to look around some White Dot appears. Ive been looking everywhere from here to reddit and youtube but i cant toggle this white dot off! And it is still a thing in SU11.

London, are the server just death right now?