[Official Discussion] October 6, 2022 Development Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

[Blog] October 6, 2022 Development Update - Airport Lounge / Admin Only - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

3 Likes

no news about the beta ?

5 Likes

Really? That’s concerning, if the SU 11 open beta isn’t ready to start next week. Time for an open beta is running out …

5 Likes

Where is the Hellcat!?

Not sure what happened with todays update! I would like to say WOW!!!
The night lighting has been greatly improved, good mix of white and yellow
like in real life. I also have had no stutters or CTD. i will be doing a lot of night
flying tonight. Using DX11 had issues with DX12 earlier in the week.

Keep up the great work Microsoft/Asobo

3 Likes

The TBA for December is gone, I was getting my hopes up for something.

Nothing happened in today’s update but the new AIRAC navdata cycle. There were no changes to sim code at all.

3 Likes

But what about the improved night lighting?

:grin:

2 Likes

Did anyone get the Bonanza V35B update stated to be released earlier today? I still have the same version from the original release.

Did you also see the night lighting improvement.
Or am I not correct in saying that the night lighting is much better?

Has anybody else see the improvement?

1 Like

Nightlight is gorgeous. Thought I noticed it yesterday over KATL though. Just fired it up again this time over KLAX. FANTASTIC. It’s just the SU10

Could you point us to where this update is documented?

I’ve not seen any sort of official statement regarding any update to the night lighting.

1 Like

1.27.21.0 loaded this morning on steam

1 Like

Ah, yes, SU10.

However, this morning’s update was just to Navigational data and nothing else.

I thought you had seen something else, since then.

1 Like

If there is improved night lighting, it wasn’t with the sim update. The only file that got updated was had “base-nav” in the file name. I was watching the update and this was the only file.

If there is better night lighting the last couple days, it was likely that its from code that was in SU10, but needs the server side feeding it, and they just started. I’m not saying definitely that is the case. But I’m also not discounting people are seeing improved night lighting. Its just it isn’t from the actual update today.

1 Like

I would love it if they published server-side changes they were doing as they worked on them.

They have to be doing tweaks to the servers. It would be nice to know what they are.

1 Like

Flying around KLAX night lighting is fantastic!!
Crisp and no stutters. If it wasn’t from todays update then ok I’ll take it whatever changed.

Buy the way just so the Bonanza V35 update in market place.

1 Like

Yea either way no complaint, I’ll take it lol

Yeap I just got it.

I still need to check it out.

1 Like