Official Discussion: Reno Air Racing

Read the article here: Reno Air Races Release Date Announced - Microsoft Flight Simulator

If you have any questions about the upcoming Reno DLC, please ask here and we will answer some questions during tomorrow’s Dev Q&A stream.

13 Likes

Will DX12 for PC be included in this update, as some news sites say?

2 Likes

DX12 will be in the Game of the Year Edition (free for existing MSFS players): Coming Soon: Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year Edition - Microsoft Flight Simulator

11 Likes

Says it right in the article. This is an amazing update!

2 Likes

The Reno Air Races: Full Collection offers 40 officially licensed aircraft, including 10 North American P-51 Mustangs, 10 North American T-6 Texans, 10 Aero L-39 Albatros’, and 10 Aviat Pitts Special S1S. Among them are many famous “Gold” champions like Miss America, Strega, Voodoo, Baron’s Revenge, Radial Velocity, Six-Cat, American Spirit, and Pipsqueak, and many of the other top racers. All these amazing aircraft and the full online racing experience are included, all for $59.99.

For those who just want to get their feet wet and race with their friends, the Reno Air Races: Expansion Pack is a great entry point. It includes the exhilarating online multiplayer racing experience along with four highly detailed starter aircraft: a North American T-6 Texan, a North American P-51 Mustang, an Aero L-39 Albatros, and an Aviat Pitts Special S1S, all for $19.99.

Old news we already know all this is coming as free updates

PS i hate IGN

I never knew the PC-6 (among others) was coming to FS for free.

edited the post with MS news.
seems it’s not really free…

but the Reno Air Races: Expansion Pack at 20$ for 4 planes seems a fair bundle priced

1 Like

Nah, i see now, it is in the GOTY update, not the Reno one…

1 Like

Will games of the year, Reno and sim update 7 be released togather?

They will all be released on the same day, yes! GOTY = SU7.

12 Likes

I’m so excited thank you for the information Jayne.

So other than extra paint jobs, what does the $60 Reno option include? Seems a bit ambiguous.

1 Like

I feel like the is warrants a post by itself, along with a detailed change log.

Release notes will be available as usual close or on the date of release, or during the pre-release testing for Sim Update 7.

I thought Reno Air Racing was going to be a free update :frowning:

4 Likes

Game of the Year is a free update, Reno is a $20 and $60 pricepoint. Though we announced them at the same time, they are two different products! GOTY and Reno are not the same thing.

3 Likes

I am confused. Are the liveries the only difference in the $40 price difference? So, basically if I don’t care about liveries, the $20 version is all I need? Or are there actual differences besides paint jobs?

5 Likes

My word - the details on each aircraft! The modelling team have outdone themselves…