Official Discussion: Reno Air Racing

It is ive tried different tactics but no luck, Now i cant get back to normal flying.

If you accidentally installed it into your existing install then you might have to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. They were not designed to be mixed, but installed into separate locations for both app and content. Even then it’s a pitfa.

Thank you for the info.

Wherever you gave the location to install the content and marketplace downloads.

Same folder as the sim, so im doomed. lol

I can only think my uninstall actually did a thorough job somehow, there is no trace of the Reno files on my c drive - I let it use the default path (as my full version is on a custom path) and there’s nothing there - certainly no massive packages or anything. Weird!

game installs and works as expected. of course we have issues with finidng players in lobby. in general game is stable however i got several CTD when switching between screens from ending waiting in lobby to qualifications. other than that i also experienced some unexpected screens with plane flying between switching from different stages of race to post race menus. im waiting for final ! great job. challenging gameplay :slight_smile:

For the G-Efects (Black-Out / Red-out): please have in mind, that you can train your resistance (at least for the blackout, red out is more the effect of bursting blod streams in the eye and resistance is not trainable). So early in the season you suffering earlier to black-out effects than later in the season.
It would be perfect, if you can include this as well. (Recording how often the player reach high G and take this into account.)

But most important would be to switch off the effect in the Options if you don’t want to have it. :smiley:

1 Like

Will single aircraft be for sale?
Obsidiantant mentioned it in a video but without quoting a source. Thank you!

I don’t know if you can buy just the aircraft and not the DLC, but they did say in the Q&A that if for example you buy the $20 bundle, then you can also buy the additional planes one by one or an upgrade to the full package.

1 Like

it was in the Q&A, Jorg mentioned it.

Basically though because they don’t want to massively undercut thrid party devs, the price rises dramatically for single aircraft. IIRC it was ~$10 for a single aircraft, $20 for the small collection, $30 for a full class and $60 for the entire collection. Might not be the exact numbers but I think that’s right.

4 Likes

Yes it cost me my 1st place because I got bump in the rear and we were both sent back so the guy in 3rd went 1st within seconds and won the race…

Also “race” is a big word… no excitement on my side, I’d rather play something like Forza 5 if I want to race something virtually. But that is my opinion. I will buy the 19$ package only if we can fly those planes outside of reno race because I will never ever race again. Not my cup of tea.

1 Like

Thank you!
Time to find out which the most stock Mustang is, and get that one. While I am not a great fan of the Reno Air Races, having a Mustang at my disposal is well worth 10 quid.

1 Like

That actually sounds like a good plan.
It’s also the only plane from the package that interests me somewhat and the less modification, the better.

1 Like

Still no news about a VR binding issue fix?
I guess I’ll just uninstall it then.
I’ve looked for quite some time yesterday but I can’t even rename the closed preview Input folder and copy/paste MSFS Input folder as everything is locked (even tho I’m admin of my own computer, obviously).

Quick question,
Will there be an option to limit races to “only cockpit view”?
Or maybe it would be an idea to Splitt lobby’s between cockpit view and external view pilots… Don’t think that it is requireing the same amount of practice and skill.

Also quick personal feedback:
Fun for sure, but can’t get released in this status.

Graphic issues in cockpit view (zoom and translation doesn’t work perfect).

Also saving views and load them again an iissue (wanted to save an view position looking backwards, but when change to the saved position it is translated lower than u saved it)

Think multiplayer function has improved for sure in comparison to the normal version of msfs. So other player’s position request seems to be pretty stable and air stream turbulences are great addition.

P.s. would be nice to have the airport scenery of Reno in the open world, too. So u can meet up at the track with friends and different planes. Also gives a good immersion when seeing other groups racing while waiting for own race…
And pleeeeease add the STOL Drag races to it​:grin: would be awesome :+1::+1::+1:

The Vr Binding issue is quite annoying, is there anything that can be done about it?

Jorg said in the Dev Q&A that all of the Reno air races planes can be flown in the main game.

I don’t see myself interacting much with these races but I’m keen to have some of these planes in the main game so I’ll be purchasing.
40 planes for $60 seems like a good deal.

1 Like

It’s 4 planes with some differences (details, cockpits…) between them because they’re customized, so not really 40.

1 Like

The difference however between some of the same models is vast. The difference between an “A” model and “D” model Mustang is pretty long, the canopy, the propeller, the radiator, the tail unit and the engine (to name a small few) are different.

That’s not to mention the racing modifications on a number of the P-51’s too.

3 Likes