Official Discussion: September 1, 2022 Development Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

2 Likes

No more World Updates for the year after Canada? :frowning:

If the Germany City Update counts, they’ve delivered on their promise for six World Updates in 2022. Australia, Iberia, Italy, USA and soon Canada.

I don’t think it does, they made a point of not calling it a World Update.

And if it does, that means 2 of the 6 updates of the year are retreads, disappointing IMO.

3 Likes

It’s free. Hard to complain.

13 Likes

We still don’t have an official date for the SU10?

8 Likes

They did say last year that they got lots of good new data for the USA (and it’s a huge region so I wouldn’t call it a simple retread), and as for the Germany City Update it probably made sense to keep it a surprise for Gamescom (which takes place in Cologne) rather than reveal it at the start of the year.

Another thing to consider is that they were working on a Russia World Update, and for obvious reasons, this might not be possible for a while.

Wasn’t there one on last week’s update? Maybe they think they need more time before a satisfactory release, or they just forgot.

It’s just that in the Roadmap of the past weeks, it’s classified for mid-September. And I didn’t see any mention of this on the Roadmap for these next 4 months.
I think it’s due to the fact that they have extended the SU10 beta… apparently we will have 1 or 2 more betas ahead until they set the official date. It’s what I think.

If that is the case it’s a shame, but the Anniversary update just might include some photogrammetry as they did with the Game of the Year update.

1 Like

This Development Update doesn’t say anything about development progress.

1. How is the progress on DX12 memory management with NVIDIA going?
  2. Can you provide some info on what else in SU10 is still being worked on?
  3. Can you provide any insight in to recent instability issues (some people report the same flights on the same equipment on different days can be smooth one day and CTD the next)?
5 Likes

From the New Development Update
I couldn’t find SU10 schedule.

Is it correct that SU10 will be updated in September?

1 Like

It is correct that it is postponed for MINIMUM 2 (two) weeks.

1 Like

Hello,
In the previous Twitch Developer Q&A, they indicated that they anticipated that it would be delayed about two weeks. So yes, that would be September. However, I don’t think they have publicly set a firm date for when it will be launched.

2 Likes

No SU10 release date is planned and no next system update this year.
Is the system development dried up?

What do you mean? They aren’t giving a release for SU10 because they are still working on it, we’re probably going to get another beta build before it releases, if I am guessing correctly. And then in November there is SU11 which brings the 40th anniversary stuff.

2 Likes

All good things come to those that wait

1 Like

Many of us have asked for less content and more work on SDK, core functionality and stability.

Hopefully this is a step in that direction.

5 Likes

I agree with you!

My priority and that of a lot of the simmer is not all kind of extra new stuf.
More planes is nice, but the most important thing is performance and stability.
There are a lot of things that has to be improved before it is enjoyable to fly with all kind of new aircraft.

2 Likes