Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0]

The causes can be subtle. The only time I started to have CTD’s was a few months ago. I screamed mightily (to myself, not here) that I’ve changed nothing…no new addons hardware etc. After a couple of exchanges with Xendesk, discovered it was an outdated Simconnect! I’d started using Little Nav Map…the first time requiring Simconnect. I would never have figured this out on my own.

4 Likes

I’m getting terrible artifacting. It’s worse when you look around with the mouse.

Updated fine. CTD as before. 0/10. Worked perfectly before the last 2 world updates. This is ridiculous.

That’s ok, you don’t need to torture yourself. It’s a free world, nobody forces you to play this game.

6 Likes

I’m not sure everyone here would agree with this. :slightly_smiling_face:

They are.

They are.

It is.

You’re right on this one: They’re still as bad as the others. No improvement whatsoever.

There’s definitely an issue with those CTDs. I’m not prone to them but this seems so random that they’ll have a hard time finding the root cause for sure.

You don’t know about that.

You don’t know about that either.

For me one crazy thing is this update system… Store then In game then Content manager…
I mean this is a Microsoft product installed on another Microsoft product. How hard can it be to provide a simple updater… :joy:

Personally, I would have managed without this fix, I haven’t noticed any difference at all, every bug that annoyed me before is still there.

2 Likes

not true at all

I tried a flight on VATSIM on the TBM - KGEG to KSEA and I felt the bumps, gusts all the way down to around 3K… further descent went back to the smooth flight.

1 Like

they decreased graphics quality unfortunately after this hotfix

Please explain to me… in great detail, how this first image taken by me a few days ago… has far inferior graphics and especially clouds compared to the second image taken by centeringtube on Oct 20 last year as seen in this topic [OFFICIAL] Screenshot Website Feature Thread (Please read post for rules) - #440 by centeringtube

I’m dying to know

7 Likes

NO.
THEY.
DID.
NOT.

What even is the point of this reply? make some random statement with no evidence just start nonsense? There’s already enought people on this forum that do that.

5 Likes

they killed the immersion for me man, it’s very sad to see how things are going on since the launch

How did “they” do it?

1 Like

Yes, I am very sad with all the additional Asobo and third party planes and airports
I am very sad with the world updates and their improvement to the scenery is so many places
I am very sad with the additional flight school topics and walk throughs
I am very sad with the addition of VR (the only way I fly now)
I am very sad with the additional bush flights and challenges
I am very sad with the SDK upgrades that have made 3rd party planes like the DC-6 possible
…sigh…
The list is too long. I am so sad with how MSFS has changed since launch. :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

I am sorry @CombatNEO1970 that you are having the CTD issue. There are a lot of moving parts and it’s clearly not just the sim, as it works fine for many of us. Unfortunately, it could be even something as subtle as a Windows update or something.

I haven’t tried “safe mode” yet since it only pops up as an option after a sim crash (and I haven’t had any since safe mode was added), but does loading into safe mode not work for you either?

Guess I’ll ask here before I start a topic on it, but does any one know if they fixed the NAV Lights for all AI Aircraft?

they doesn’t fix this, and i find old post, this problem about year yet, it’s just out of any possible logic - first it’s ask you(block your flight controls, block your vision by giant popup tab) second it’s write successful connected, or you have been switch offline, or both

somebody, mathematic or psychiatrist, or whatever who can understand what is going on with that’s behavior of human, who do this? simple, very simple way - asobo have problem with server, client have problem with connection(not mine case) just stop loading whatever you load, then when all ok, load again, why they do all that’s manipulation? useless popup and change user settings, and btw, doesn’t change back after connection successful after two seconds, why?!

2 Likes

Have you noticed that when you zoom in on the map to choose an airport, the airport information box is so large it blocks a big portion of the ramps and gates etc…And many airports no longer have the name pop up when you point to it with the mouse.
It used to be ok.

4 Likes

I was hoping they would fit cockpit screens cutting off I’m on Xbox series s

All - Test flight - Game opened fine, actually since release I have had only 1 CTD. I had stutters way back last year in November, since when I can get it to load, it runs fine.
Aftermarket Freeware C-17 - PMDY touch and go round robin. Plane flew fairly good for freeware. Take off and landing safely twice, game did not stutter, burp, CTD or otherwise not perform. For me stable, but 99% of the time, when I can make it work (NOT ATC/ILS/ETC-NAV) I don’t have performance issues with it. I know after WU6, some graphics changes were made, but I have not tweaked anything to change performance except bumpt one thing up to 200 because someon said I can read guages better, and he was correct. As one poster said, thousands of iterations of CPU’s/GPU"s/PC Hardware/Difference Manfacturers/ and a host of tweaks/config file changes, to numerious to mention, some people have hundreds of things in CF. I have 5 things in CF, have not made changes to Configs files, and don’t tweak around with settings at all. Know there are things I should make changes to, but have not found good source of documentation since WU5. So just leaving them alone. Aside from the downloading method, and problems therein, the game has for most part 90% of the time, done what it’s suppsed to do, except, ATC and Navigation. I an now working on Cold and Dark for F-14 and the Auto pilot setup for ILS Landing. Manual is not clear to me steps to take. Will not post that here, or be back to this thread, mine is working as good as can be expected.

ASUS Scar Strix III-Intel I-7-9750
Nvidia RTX-2070 8GB Video Ram
32GB System Ram
C Drive is SSD-1TB
Purchased for this game only. I also do other stuff on it, but this is the only game I play period, well FSX, but it works flawlessly.