Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0]

3rd party runways without secondary starting points are still crashing the sim on touchdown.

Update and download went smoothly.

1 Like

Since WU6 my frame rate is ā€œlockedā€ in 10 fpsā€¦ nothing has changed in hardware or internetā€¦I have nothing at my community folder. I hate those last updatesā€¦ before it I had smooth flights in ultraā€¦ now, those 10fps at mid!

RTX 3080 (stock)
Ryzen 7 2700x (stock)
Ram 32Gb 3000
NVME
MoBo Aorus x570 pro wifi

1 Like

Everything was working fine until 2 WU ago, nothing changed on my end.

The more flight time, the more stutterā€¦

Are your Bush trips working as they should?

1 Like

Confirmed. The render scale light problem is fixed. But as has been the case for bloody MONTHS the floating light bug still hasnā€™t been addressed.

3 Likes

yesā€¦please.

Unfortunately for me, running the latest version of Windows 11 BETA, the hotfix to go to v1.19.9.0 was as much of a hassle as trying to get the 1.19.8.0 update back on 9/8/21. Iā€™ve learned the drill. Launch the Xbox app, go to the Microsoft Store, click on MSFS Standard Edition in the Store Library Listing to launch the store view of the MSFS page. This time the option to the right of Play said ā€œReinstall.ā€ I clicked on that, was taken to the Xbox app view of MSFS. After several round trips like this with nothing happening, finally a Manage Installs options appeared next to MSFS in the navigation bar listing in the Xbox app. Clicking on that showed 0% download progress for the longest time. Finally it went to 100% downloaded for the longest time but no install completed confirmation (maybe I was too impatient?). So when I closed the Store and the Xbox apps and tried to launch MSFS, I got the following error.

Cleaning my C: drive files including System Files and rebooting did not get rid of the inability to launch MSFS and if I went through the Xbox app, Windows Store routine again, Iā€™d get error notices in both the Xbox app and the Store app on trying to install the hotfix, such as:

So it turned out the solution to my problems was to do a Microsoft Store Cache Reset as recommended by the Zen Desk link in the Community Forum hotfix announcement (under ā€œKnown Issuesā€). Microsoft Store - Download and Installation issues, Part II - Basic Troubleshooting ā€“ Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

After doing that and going through several trips from Store page to the Xbox app MSFS view and waiting a long time at each step, the download eventually went from 0% downloaded to 100% downloaded and then, eventually, from 100% downloaded to Installed with a notification to the same effect. Perhaps all the delay is tens to hundreds of thousands of people all trying to download the update at the same time and one should just wait a few days after each update before trying. But it certainly is a whacky, unenjoyable process very reminiscent of the totally unreliable behavior that used to plague the Windows Store during the early days of Windows 10.

Something wrong with this hotfix.

I can play WU6 (1.19.8.0) version smoothly without CTD, yes, sometimes stutter, but not crash).

Updating to this SMALL update, 1.19.9.0, my CTD come back.

Iā€™m not even fly yet.

Just left this game idle on main screen, it close itself without error message box, even no log in Windows Reliability History/Event Viewer.

Tried to run again, no Safe Mode dialog appear, just like the game itself is not acknowledged with previous crash.

Yes, thank you got it too. It was about 50kb, tiny!

1 Like

Iā€™m on Windows 11. My Microsoft Store needed an update which I let it do along with any other updates it needed to. After that I went into the Xbox app directly and found the update for MSFS in the Xbox App. It was the same for all the updates since SU5 for me on Win 11. I suspect that since Win 11 is not actually released weā€™ll just have to deal with a few small issues.

Can you please check out if the name of that setting you bumped to 200 is maybe ā€œRender Scalingā€ ā€¦?
:thinking:

1 Like

Something is utterly wrong with your hardware, your setup or your settings.
There is absolutely NO WAY that these specs are locking at 10 FPS.
There are hundred-thousands of others with similar specs and not having these kind of problems.
What I derive from that, that it must be something on your side (there is no 100% certainty though).

First impressions after hot fix update in PC-VR:
Performance ok, but not the best i have seen in MSFS
trees are every where, on runways, taxiways on buildings.
Still some culling/pop in allthougt new slider set to ultra
Landssape/terrain is still constantly morphong in up as i fly by
The antialiasing shimmering is everywhere, I think it is worse than before this hot fix
Still picture quality is degraded, as introduced of the Xbox update.

This applys to enywhere i have flown.
EKCH
LUKLA
ISLES OF SCILLY

Spec:
i511600K
32 gb ram
RTX3080ti
Nvidia driver 471.41 works the best for me
SSD a lot of them
Community folder total empty

2 Likes

Of course - looking at your resolution you are rocking 4K with the render scaling set at 110% - making your resolution 4224x2376 !

Looking at your handlers as well as your memory budget, you are rocking a GPU with 6GB of VRAM.

Ryzen 7 2700x is a 4 year old CPU, while a GPU with 6GB of VRAM surely falls within the lower end category.
Your real hardware specs fall within the fair 1080p gaming and are absolutely insufficient for 4K in MSFS, let alone the added render scaling.

Set the render scaling back to 100, graphical settings to medium and the resolution to 1920x1080p.

5 Likes

That isnā€™t the hotfix, itā€™s always been like that.

1 Like

The small update for me was around 5KB, and consisted of some localisation updates only. I got that before the hotfix.

Thanks for reporting, are you sure that was wind gusts and not just turbulence? did the airspeed fluctuated significantly? there are some reports of a bit more turbulence than what it used to.
What worries and really missing are the wind gusts near the ground where it matters most and makes hand-flying more challengingā€¦ Thatā€™s the closest to real-life flying with the current fidelity the sim can offer.
If you havenā€™t seen it yet, there is a long lasting discussion with many examples shown here:

2 Likes

Nvidia graphics card?
If yes - download Nvidia drivers v466.77

Uninstall Nvidia drivers and restart PC.
Install 466.77 drivers and restart PC.

1 Like

Yes, it has always been like that - but he actually made a good point - it would be a nice quality of life improvement, since itā€™s also always kinda been a small itch.

Quality of life stuffā€¦like nothing big of a deal, but itā€™s there and it makes you from time to time shake the arrow and maybe say ā€œtzā€¦man these letters, come on go awayā€¦ah itā€™s cool nowā€¦ā€ and continue.
And it can be improved, why not. :smiley:

Kenny, you could suggest or start a topic where we could report various quality of life fixes, those small things such as this one. All apps and games have them, and itā€™s always cool to have them remedied.
Itā€™s just that folks often do not waste time on searching for and grouping them on oneplace, because there are always some larger issues.

Even though one or two quality of life fixes do not mean that much - imagine 5 or 10 of those getting polished with each update.
Super cool thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes