Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0]

Cannot choose departure gate after update

Haha no ways! Itā€™s like buying a car and the manufacturer undoing a nut each month.

12 Likes

Are the Bush Trips stable also?

0 issues installing or updating via Steam, as has been the case with literally every update since release.

The Microsoft Store is and always has been a bad choice to purchase any sort of content from. If you are having issues, considering buying it on Steam. The issues are not exclusive to Flight Simulator, these are issues with the Microsoft Store.

20 Likes

zoom in and select a parking spot

1 Like

I never had issues myself with updates and I bought it on MS store.

5 Likes

When I made the switch from XBOX to PC, this is the exact reason I posted this very question (which version should I go with). The overwhelming response was steam.

Was able to get a full refund on my XBOX purchase and jump over to Steam.

I donā€™t know overall how well one is over the other, I just know allot of folks on here seem to have less issue(s) with Steam (based on posts).

1 Like

@Jummivana

Didnā€™t you want to reactivate the wind gusts?

Can we finally get an answer now?

7 Likes

Noā€¦ nothing helpedā€¦ other than exiting the game starting again. did it twice before it workedā€¦ ? :slight_smile:

Did the same several months ago, from MS Store to Steam, best move of my life! :wink: No more obscures layers you need to get running and logged into, to get updates or simply play (XBox App or Game Companion, GameServices, MS Store, more?).
MS store is promising, but have lot of rooms for improvement.

Edit : ho and to stay on topic, my update went perfectly obviously.

2 Likes

400ish MB in Microsoft Store. 500ish MB on game launch. 10kb in Content Manager for the WU6. Plus I had some 3rd party Marketplace content from 9/16.

Where do you see clouds being changed or fixed in the patch notes? I donā€™t.

7 Likes

I know itā€™s not in the patch notes but Iā€™m so surprised the key binding issue for the HOTAS one has not made it into any patch or hotfix since XBOX launch.

Surely ThrustMaster want this fixed, itā€™s the only proper peripheral we have at the moment.

1 Like

All - sure gonna get some hate from this - but before you gripe about what has or hasnā€™t been fixed, PLEASE read the patch notes.

Bush trips arenā€™t listed.
Clouds arenā€™t listed.

I am just as frustrated as the next that weā€™re still dealing with months old bugs, but the patch notes tell you whatā€™s in the hotfix.

19 Likes

@moderators could you please clarify on the status of the wind gusts? should it be working?
we had high hopes but unfortunately it seems that there are still no gusts , either with live weather or custom weather.

2 Likes

Zoom in

Edit

Update WU6 via content manager.

3 Likes

Store and Sim updates completed. Can confirm the floating lights/no lights bug, if anything other than 100 resolution scale, has been fixed.

5 Likes

I do not have this problem

100% understand and totally get it. Feel the same. Just trying to help this thread not become another dumpster fire.

The only thing I can suggest for the both of us is to vote on all of the bug threads.

1 Like

I am sick and tired of having to uninstall Flight Simulator entirely for each ā€œMandatory Updateā€. Every time thereā€™s a Mandatory Update, it alerts me in MSFS and kicks me back to the MS Store, but no updates are available. I have tried resetting the app (via Reset in Apps Manager) and simply waiting for an update to appear. When nothing happens and Iā€™m stuck with not playing MSFS, I must do this.

The latest version I was on until this morning was 1.19.8.0. After I uninstalled and reinstalled everything (minus the ā€œStandard Content - Mandatory Updateā€ (that I deleted when I uninstalled everything)), the update version incrememted to 1.19.9.0. Itā€™s really a shame that MSFS does not play well with the MS Store to apply updates in a smooth transparent fashion to the end user.

Please do something about this.

2 Likes