Official Discussion: September 17th, HOTFIX [1.19.9.0]

Yeah, I’m gonna keep trying but the more awareness the better I feel.

1 Like

Thank you Asobo for the update. My stutters have almost totally disappeared. Stability seems good. I will test night flying light situation but Im sure it has been addressed. Thank you once again. Looks like I can enjoy a weekend of flying.

4 Likes

Okay, that’s new. I’ve been visiting the MS Store every five minutes or so. I just had an alert pop up in my tool tray on the XBox app, and it updated that side of things for me.

I don’t remember the Console Companion app ever doing that, not that I used it often.

Download and install xbox app https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10
Restart PC
Launch xbox app and sign in.
Recheck for updates in microsoft store app

7 Likes

I keep getting a message on startup that a critical update is required (09/17/2021) and I need to get the update from the store. I go to the store and it says no update available for the premium version. I tried the xbox thing that I read about on here to get the update and it was the most confusing thing I have ever seen. Why can’t a very simple update process be created as in other software. This is ridiculous and needs to be corrected. For now, I am stuck I can’t get the update. I would appreciate any guidance very, very much.

Are you sure this is due to the hotfix? This was not mentioned in the release notes.

2 Likes

Give it at least 20 more minutes. It takes time to populate in the servers.

Do you have the XBOX App installed?

2 Likes

Must be a placebo effect but after the update on my Xbox the draw distant and game seems a tad sharper. With that said even after deleting rolling cache I encountered a CTD and game when loading to the destination would require a restart to load the game when it pauses at the animation screen.

IMHO, I believe a lot of CTD is sever related. I mean when the game loads from the world map and the aircraft is flying all over weirdly can only explain something didn’t load correctly LOL.

2 Likes

Has to be placebo effect… since it’s not in the notes, but it happens from time to time with me too. lol

I want to know too. “Reactivated” for me sounds like it’s already working just that the ui needed some work. For me it’s not working in live weather or custom weather.

2 Likes

Still not fixed missing Jetways, I’m tired of having to reload everytime. Hopefully this will be fixed in SU6 along with other bugs SU5 has casued.

Shhhhh sometimes they secretly don’t tell us everything. That’s why some patch notes for most games are very general.

‘Toggle Spoilers’ bug still not fixed - Key binding stopped working after SU5 no matter what you do / assign it either on controller or keyboard. It ignores it on all aircraft.

1 Like

Well, it looks like the wind gusts are here, sort of. But guess what? They are dumbed down. What a joke of a “sim”.

9 Likes

I still have CTD on the Bush Trips. Community folder is empty…

1 Like

They will appear about half of what you’ve set at ground level. I think the ground level wind is actually the wind experienced at c. 1000 feet and it is about half that at ground level. There have been a lot of threads in the past about whether this is correct or not - but anyway I think that is the current exeperience.

1 Like

From the release notes, I don’t think any of these fixes help me with the various major/minor problems I have.

So a bit of a damp squib as far as I’m concerned, but then, tbh, I didn’t expect anything better.

I just hope, when I get around to downloading it, that there aren’t any additional bugs introduced.

Really? You.need to zoom in now? How much more of the UI are they going to break? This is going backwards!

No, there’s an update to WU6 in the content manager that fixes this - read the “edit” at the bottom of @TenPatrol post

1 Like