Official Discussion: September 30th, 2021 Development Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

Will past beta participants be added automatically or do we have to secure a new registration?

This will be a clean slate, so no past participants will be automatically included.

1 Like

How do I sign up? Iā€™m on Xbox series s

Never mind I see now

@Jummivana I just noticed that ā€œReporting with Windows Feedback Hub (PC)ā€ is listed two times in the instructions, the second time it probably should read ā€œReporting with Report a Problem (Xbox)ā€.

The instructions say via the Xbox Insider Hub, so I presume itā€™s the same for both PC and Xbox users. You should probably just make sure that in the hub (and maybe the Microsoft Store) you are logged in with the same GamerTag youā€™re using on your console.

Im assuming that means previous SMEā€™s need to be re-added as well?

how do I get into the beta insider am I where do I see that ?

Why are you guys constantly over looking broken achievements? Myself and others have sent dozens of tickets to only receive lame replies which an example is:
We will get back in touch if we need any more information, to which yous never get back in touch. EVER!

Itā€™s completely unfair for those who like to complete the achievements.
My Way is completely broken and letā€™s not forget the activity ones. Where yous have completely removed the ability to complete those.

This sim has been out for well over a year. Reporting broken achievements in this day and age should not be a thing.

A reply would be nice. As I and many others would love to know if yous are ever going to fix them.

13 Likes

ā€œopen to Microsoft Store sim users only.ā€

Not open to Steam usersā€¦

ā€œOne communityā€ and all that just hollow words? MS/Asobo not interested in knowing whether certain things will fix or break Steam installs?

4 Likes

Honestly still disappointed that the logbook still pops up even after it has been on the list for a while. I am happy that it seems to be slated for SU7 though, so at least I know a rough date to get excited for. Been waiting for an update on that for quite some time.

4 Likes

ā€œReflections broken in VR since SU5ā€ - Started - SU6!
ā€œshader code ā€˜viewdirā€™ and shadowlight renderingā€ - Started - SU6!

Good! :+1: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit confused about Beta process. I would be so happy if someone make my mind clear.
I have all MSFS files installed in standart file locations (Not custom file locations) and for this reason (If I opted in BETA) I might have to reinstall all MSFS after official release of update ? Did I get it correct ? Can somebody explain ? Kind regards.

Right on time. Canā€™t wait to see the fixes for VR!
Itā€™s finally getting some attention. :partying_face:

@seagull9280 I never had to reinstall anything so far after opting in for beta.
But I had to reinstall everything once after a normal update because their update system is broken.
If youā€™re not unlucky, everything will be fine.

1 Like

For those who are going to be Beta testers, PLEASE also check the Bush Tripsā€¦

3 Likes

Just got in, so I will do my best!

1 Like

In previous betas, at the end of the beta some people who had used the defauilt install locations had to reinstall the full sim when the actual sim update went live (so when they went from beta version to live version).This didnā€™t impact me as I donā€™t use the default locations, and I believe there may be ways to avoid it by making sure when the sim updates it is pointed to the right location etc duting the tinstall process, but it seems to be an issue (otherwise why would they highlight it). In some ways, unless you have slow internet, itā€™s not that big a deal - but if your internet is slow, I can see why itā€™s a pain.

2 Likes

Could you be a bit more specificā€¦?

In my case, the entire content folder was deleted right when the Microsoft Store download started, so I donā€™t think thereā€™s any way to avoid this unfortunately. The default path installs the content in the WpSystem directory, which means it cannot be copied out of there for a back-up.

Those willing to put up with a complete reinstall to try out the beta can select a custom path when Sim Update 6 goes live to avoid future issues, thatā€™s what I did last time.

1 Like