Official Discussion: September 30th, 2021 Development Update

They went live yesterday morning at 5:00am US Pacific Time.

Hello, I believe that addressing the random CTDs should be a priority. In my case sim is very unstable since latest Update. CTDs were extremely rare in previous versions.

1 Like

Always a challenge to test random events

Zulu or Greenwich Mean Time is present in Commercial and GA flying. If you listen to any ATIS (and you should before flying since it tells you local Weather conditions and active runway among others) it’s a universal way for everyone to figure out what time an update was made. If you join our Discord Server, you’ll see many users with Z +/- next to their name so you can figure out their time zone when they might be active to respond to your message.

4 Likes

Don’t know what you mean. Yesterday was October 1. Signups started at 5 am PT/8 am ET. I saw the the forum post here at about 7:10 am CT (so ten minutes after the windows opened), and signed up right afterwards.

Well i’m an idiot then!

I managed to get a spot in the preview.
Do we have to wait until its the 6th in PT time.

Have my console swapped over to New Zealand time and location etc but no update.

So really if you’re in New Zealand and in the preview you have to wait until the 7th lol

just a question, guys : is there an official discussion page on the latest Q&A session ? I want to find out what happened with DX12 and Cirrus clouds

Didnt talked about clouds

as far as i remember it was the second most voted question
 weird if not even mentioned.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/will-we-ever-get-cirrus-clouds/442462

As the OP of the “cirrus clouds” post, I was surprised that the question wasn’t raised given that it was the 2nd most voted topic. I suspect it is because they don’t know how to produce cirrus clouds, or they can’t, and it would have been too embarrassing for the 3 senior most people on the team to admit that in public.

I guess it would be safe to assume that they thought that other questions were more important.

That’s correct, and how it’s always been.

Also if two people on the opposite sides of the globe, their Z time would be the same.

DX12 was mentioned. End of the year, optional setting

Because probably weather system will have major upgrade in 2022 /2023, cirrus clouds was in prototype before, I think many things will change include visual will have lenticular clouds etc

1 Like

Anyone able to download the newest preview build yet? What time should it be available? Will we have a forums section for it?

Did you sign up for the Beta last week? Did you get in? If so, assuming you’re on PC, load the XBox Insiders app on your computer. When it tells you the Beta is available, open the MS Store app to download the update, then launch the sim.

they are on west coast time.

its 6am for them
as always, give them time

1 Like

Yeah I am obviously in it. I was asking what time the download is live.