Official Discussion: Sim Update 10 - Wednesday Sept. 21st

So I’m a little confused and apologies if it’s here but if I’m on Beta on series x I’m not going to get any kind of update now?

1 Like

Keep in mind that this is a highly-anticipated update, and the servers are going to be hammered for a while - so if you get CTDs or stuttering, that could be the cause. It happens after every update.

1 Like

500 MB on steam and in the sim 16.75 GB

1 Like

Regarding people already in the beta:

" When the SU 10 beta ends, do I need to leave the Microsoft Flight Simulator beta group to update to the current version?

No, the beta group has already received the version that will be released to the public (1.27.21.0)."

1 Like

I’m almost done downloading, but then I’m going to wait a while before flying to let the servers recover.

I’ve been really looking forward to SU10, hope its good.

1 Like

GRD has not been updated yet, but SD has. SD has a fix for giant trees, but no driver appears to have the other fix.

Asobo haven’t publicly stated whether the SD driver has what is needed or not, so we are on our own for now as far as testing that is concerned. The good thing is it appears we don’t need to wait for MS/Asobo to push another version out, we just need a new driver, potentially.

If the memory optimisation is about fixing cards getting overcommitted, then perhaps the 3090 will be unaffected, with 24GB of VRAM? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

no update in germany

57% done in 2 minute now

Yeah now that you mention it , she said steam users wouldnt be getting any update and 1.27.21.0 is SU10, but what about everyone else thats on that version? Are they really not on that version and the numbers lie?

1 Like

Fenix update is coming today also! Just announced for all you fenix fans!

3 Likes

500MB on Steam and 9.41 GB in sim (not got the Deluxe package, just the Standard, though) - FYI not been in the beta. UK.

1 Like

Yeah, just saw the Studio driver with the note:

Release 515 Driver for Windows, Version 517.40 RN-08399-517.40_v01 | 14
 [DX12][Flight Simulator] Potential image corruption [3722516]

Not sure if I feel like giving it a try… What say ye?

No idea but I was hoping for something as my series x was a crash fest so all this wait for……

Do we know if this applies to Xbox too? I just launched the sim and had a measly 10mb update, while there was no Microsoft Store update. I’m looking for some indication that I’m running the current public build but “Read Support and Release Notes” takes me to an empty grey screen.

I hear ya I havent seen any significant improvements on PC here either. Oh well…

1 Like

You have had crashes already?!

In all the posts that have been made about the Studio driver, I have yet to read that it causes a problem, so fire it up if you feel like it. I did, and it’s been fine. You can always download the GR driver when it comes out and install it.

It appears that we all have quite a bit of experience at downloading and installing drivers at this point.

4 Likes

No update yet here (València, Spain).

No point, it contains a fix for when VRAM optimisation is in the sim, but they haven’t put it in until the game ready drivers are available.

No update in Xbox under My Library
Canada